Talk

Advanced search

Camping in spain

(11 Posts)
lucy5 Thu 17-Mar-05 21:43:35

Has anyone been? Any recommendations? Got tent will travel, hahaha!

SenoraPostrophe Thu 17-Mar-05 21:48:05

There are a couple of campsites near here (Granada), or you can camp anywhere in the Sierra Nevada above the treeline (best wait till summer for that though - thery're still snowy).

haven't dared to do it myself with the kids. maybe one day.

Whizzz Thu 17-Mar-05 21:51:10

Yes, thought that area was lovely! Mountains & the sea ! Hopefully you won't do what we did & went to stay in a 'quiet little village' but found it to be mad fiesta week !

milliways Thu 17-Mar-05 21:54:15

here? is a good website

lucy5 Thu 17-Mar-05 22:00:39

Thanks we went to tarifa last year and absolutely loved it. Just cant wait to go exploring!

SenoraPostrophe Thu 17-Mar-05 22:01:43

this one's nice

phatcat Thu 17-Mar-05 22:02:59

I have great memories of campsites at Caceres in Extremedura and also one on the outskirts of Seville - nearly 13 years ago though. Picos de Europa area is good as well.

FlatJan Thu 17-Mar-05 22:05:51

Is that where your mate stayed in a garden shed, SP?

milliways Thu 17-Mar-05 22:06:11

We stayed here 2 years ago (in a mobile home) & had a great time. Had a week here then a week in SOuth of France,

lucy5 Thu 17-Mar-05 22:20:32

im getting so excited, I love planning holidays. I have only been camping once but i've fallen for it hook line and sinker. I maybe a little earlier but I know the good weather is just around the corner yippee! I like the look of the one in granada, will have to get my maps and guides out. God i'm so sad!

SenoraPostrophe Fri 18-Mar-05 13:53:41

flatjan - yes. they told me it was luxurious!!

not really - the cabins are a bit basic, but it is a campsite. Restaurant does soit roast suckling pig if you book in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now