Talk

Advanced search

virgin credit crunch camper

(5 Posts)
Mousie Thu 16-Oct-08 20:15:16

bear with me.. will try not to be too long.
trying to book next year's summer holiday - or plan it at least. wanting two weeks in august - somewhere hot but not unbearable (thinking south of france - never been..) greece would be too hot i reckon
have loved the mumsnet holidays like Mousses but cannot afford this year. Need kids clubs, lots of kids running around and a relaxed atmosphere, sense it is foreign and abroad... kids will be 6 and 8. we have no camping equipment.... blushes shamefully.

key camp, euro camp? any ideas please... somewhere beautiful would be a huge plus...
and a swimming pool... am getting quite demanding here...

Anifrangapani Thu 16-Oct-08 20:23:42

Camping with kids is so fun.....

The South of France might be a little hot in mid summer. We normally go to the Pyranese or the Alps, but there is the risk of rain. If you can fit them in take bikes to get around.

There is a fantastic place that we went to south of Lourdes, but it had no pool. Having said that most French towns have a municipal pool.

Mousie Thu 16-Oct-08 20:24:58

thank you... rain sounds most unappealing, i guess if given choice would brave heat over wet weather...

Blandmum Thu 16-Oct-08 20:27:12

2 weeks with key camp in a tent in August is still going to set you back about £1000.

Much cheaper to buy your own kit IME

Mousie Thu 16-Oct-08 20:29:42

i feel i should let myself in gently - not buy kit until i know we like it - which we will i am sure... but point taken about august - but thought if i booked now could get a good early discount..

does feel a bit insane to be looking at next summer in august - but i like to have soemthing to look forward to...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now