Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else been camping this weekend, we have been to Weymouth and it was glorious.

(22 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:00:46

Just can't believe we are camping in mid october, long may the weather last.

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 17:02:04

Blimey, you are hard core!

Braver than me girl, glad you have had a great time

Guadalupe Sun 12-Oct-08 17:02:35

We went a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. Bit cold at night though!

PeaMcLean Sun 12-Oct-08 17:04:28

good lord, mad woman.

wasn't it freezing in the evenings?

hauntinghippoami Sun 12-Oct-08 17:13:20

We went at the end of Sept. Glorious weather, dc running around in t-shirts during hte day. But the night was freezing, and an in the morning we had to scrape a thin layer of frost off the table...brrrr

Cadbury Sun 12-Oct-08 17:13:24

there are some lovely sites around there. We were at East Fleet in the summer - we love it there.

PeaMcLean Sun 12-Oct-08 17:14:11

east Fleet's lovely isn't it. <sighs nostalgically> smile

twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:21:26

Peaches is now scaring me in a stalker kind of way how did you know we were there?

we stopped at seabarn

No it was fine, we went to bed early more because of the dark then the cold. This morning was a little chilly but after a hot shower we were fine.

twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:23:54

Infact last night I was naked in my sleeping bag with no tell tales sign of coldness grin

twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:24:33

Realises peaches we referring to cadbury. blush

Surfermum Sun 12-Oct-08 17:25:45

Lucky you!

We were at East Fleet a couple of weeks ago. Practically had a field to ourselves with a pool, bar and playground all within spitting distance of our van. It was brilliant!

We were meant to be at Sea Barn but too a wrong turn!

PeaMcLean Sun 12-Oct-08 17:26:17

LOL at stalker. Oooh, that would be really weird wouldn't it grin

twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:31:58

Yes we had a field to ourselves as well. There were only four other tents and a couple of other campervans.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Oct-08 17:31:58

No camping but took DD to Kimmeridge and she stripped off and plunged into the sea.

twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:33:25

Yes dd was in the sea today as well, where is kimmeridge? All these new places, it is so exciting.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Oct-08 17:39:03

Not far from us, if you can get to us in half term we will go if you like.

twinsetandpearls Sun 12-Oct-08 17:40:34

That would be lovely.

Am curious as Kimmeridge is one of the houses at school, in fact I teach in the Kimmeridge room.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Oct-08 17:41:43

Will email you and get something sorted.

Cadbury Mon 13-Oct-08 16:50:38

twinset - I have my spies! You know when you were walking to the loo with your torch that night, and you thought someone was hiding behind a tent . . . well . . .wink

We have been there for the last 2 years during the summer - we went on a mumsnet recommendation. Sadly, my parents (who transport our very old, big and heavy tent) feel like going somewhere else next year. We may have to toe the line. sad

maviscrewit Mon 13-Oct-08 20:29:19

Hi there twinset, we went to a site near Malvern at the weekend and it was so warm and sunny we couldn't believe it. It was a last minute decision to try out our new tent so it was just one night but it was great. Got rather sweaty putting the tent up though. I never thought I would camp in mid October, I hate being cold. It wasn't too cold at night and the lo's were fine in their Aldi thermals !! That's it til next year though I am not completely bonkers to consider going in November - eek [shivering tits off emoticon]!

twinsetandpalls Mon 13-Oct-08 22:12:33

cadbury you are seriously freaking me out as I did go to the loo with my torch and had a panic about someone being behind the tent! grin

Our only problem was erecting our tent in the dark.

Cadbury Tue 14-Oct-08 09:32:30

grin you will never know . . . . .wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now