I'd love to be able to go camping now

(12 Posts)
sallystrawberry Sun 21-Sep-08 18:07:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Peachy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:12:24

if it werent fr the cold nights would be ideal

<<sigh>>

chocolatemummy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:15:26

absolutely, went camping with my friend in the forest of dean a few weeks ago for a very quick long weekend and it was gorgeous

Peachy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:21:36

LOL hello again cm.

forest of Dean is fab isnt it? and so close. <<double sigh>>

Surfermum Sun 21-Sep-08 18:24:03

We just got back from a night's trip in our camper. It was fantastic - the campsite was really, really quiet and everyone in our field left this morning, so we had the pool to ourselves, the field to ourselves and it was really hot.

We went here

chocolatemummy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:27:58

I love it around there its so tranquil and beautiful and I love wales 'Carmarthen bay' in particular its gorgeous and so relaxing.

hippipotami Sun 21-Sep-08 18:29:15

We have just come back from a night's camping with ds's Cubs pack. The day was fab - sunny and warm. But the night was freezing. I was covered in more layers than I dare to count, but it was just too cold. My nose adn face were sore from teh cold. We actually had a layer of ice on the tables when we woke in the morning.
Just too cold...

Peachy Sun 21-Sep-08 18:33:49

that looks good surfermum, we went to astfleet this year

Surfermum Sun 21-Sep-08 18:37:59

We were meant to stay at Sea Barn the sister site, but went up the wrong road! We drove there this afternoon just to look at it and it did have the most amazing views of the coast.

But we were happy where we were, we could see dd and dsd in the pool and playground, we were near the toilets and wanted to be near the bar as I couldn't be bothered to cook last night grin.

GobbledigookisThrifty Sun 21-Sep-08 20:02:10

Ooh, I so could have gone camping this weekend if I'd known the weather was going to be so nice. I had no idea!

maviscrewit Mon 22-Sep-08 19:51:25

We've just had a couple of nights in Shropshire. It was really nice, if a bit damp underfoot. I just love the fresh smell of autumn mornings. Am so sad that that is it until next year. The camping bug has really got me grin.

Washersaurus Tue 23-Sep-08 21:53:49

I've just got home from a last minute camping trip in the Cotswolds - it was a fab weekend. A bit damp and chilly this morning though <brrr>. There was only one other tent on site after everyone went home on Sunday - still quite a few caravans though.

Next weekend is supposed to be nice too isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now