Talk

Advanced search

Planning next summer's holiday

(9 Posts)
Blandmum Sun 21-Sep-08 13:13:33

I'm having such fun!

I have Alan Roger's guide book, the Rough Guide and UKcampsite and I'm planning the holiday!
So far I think that I'm going to go to Carcassonne via the Loire and the Dordogne, and back to the UK via the Auverne and Bergundy, with a possible stop at Paris/eurodisney. Planning to take 5-6 weeks over it.

almost as much fun as camping!

Peachy Sun 21-Sep-08 17:45:37

Ooh lucky you

we're hoping to do some longer trips next year- dh planning to start uni in 2009 so is saving hard to make sure he can resign pre-summer- that is a bit shaky though as he's been off il a month, we'll see- fingers crossed!

we were looking at fforest fields but the central lake putting us off (ds4 will be toddlng then even before ds1 / ds3 sn worries).

a bit stumped but a nice, warm summery stumped LOL!

roisin Sun 21-Sep-08 17:54:40

Wow! Sounds fantastic. My boys don't have that sort of stamina and after a while just yearn to be home amongst all their junk.

We're doing just over 2 weeks next summer (Scotland then to Skye then to Muck), which is the longest we've done yet.

Enjoy your planning!
ds1 told his mate on the phone that our holiday this year was dead boring shock
But I know he enjoyed it really.

Tought if he didn't: he can go to Florida when he's old enough to go without me: I have no desire!

sallystrawberry Sun 21-Sep-08 17:58:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blandmum Sun 21-Sep-08 18:17:05

I have found the perfect mnet-esque campsite in the Loire. 12 pitches, with a little pool. Bike hire, and dinner cooked for you on Mond and Friday (4 courses with wine for 10 euros)

sallystrawberry Sun 21-Sep-08 18:17:57

Blandmum Sun 21-Sep-08 18:22:52

look, just keep it in the cupboard but it is here

Just keep shtum about it until I book, OK? wink

sallystrawberry Sun 21-Sep-08 22:24:36

kiwibella Mon 22-Sep-08 12:24:07

that's gorgeous, MB!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now