Talk

Advanced search

That can I cook on a camp fire for 8 people?

(6 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Thu 18-Sep-08 14:30:36

I need advice please.

There is one person who does not eat red meat (me) the rest are not fussy as long as it is free-range.

I am guessing there will be a range of cooking utensils available, but I don't know exactly what.

I want something simple to prepare and not too much time actually cooking it, although it can spend time on the fire cooking for a while.

DH and I are staying in a yurt, and to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, we are having our best men, matron of honour and two friends who helped out loads to come up and celebrate with us, so want it also to be a bit special (not baked potato and beans!).

Thank

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGoat Thu 18-Sep-08 14:32:04

you should get the cool camping cook book. friend has it. looked really good. failing that get some fish and chips and relax.

PavlovtheCat Thu 18-Sep-08 15:43:18

thank you, I might go look it up. I would quite like to use the camp fire that is there, but you might be right, fish and chips might be more relaxing! Maybe just fire up the pit for some marshmellow pudding!

kiwibella Mon 22-Sep-08 12:26:42

special meal on the campfire? I second fish and chips but would include a good bottle of red... or three grin.

kiwibella Mon 22-Sep-08 12:27:17

btw... marshmallows are great melted and sandwiched between chocolate digestives!!

SuperSillyus Mon 22-Sep-08 12:36:21

We had chicken tikka and veggie burgers and marshmallow chocolate digestives cooked on a fire on the beach in summer. slurp. Sounds like you are going to have a fun time anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now