Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a monty 6?

(9 Posts)
TheMadHouse Sat 30-Aug-08 21:01:26

If so what do you think of it?

We ideally like the fact that you canchange the sleeping section, we have a 2 and 3 year old, so it is great to seperate them intially.

We have the aldi tent and it is great, but we need something a little bigger if we are to go to France next year.

Washersaurus Sat 30-Aug-08 21:03:02

We love our Monty - we have the kids room too, which is fab (for the boys of course) grin

TheMadHouse Sat 30-Aug-08 21:06:28

Do you have the carpet and an extention. Does the kids room make it darker?

How is it in the wind - we like camping in Northumber land on the coast and it can be windy

Washersaurus Sat 30-Aug-08 21:09:14

Oh yes we have the carpet and the front extension too grin

It is a really snug tent in the wind because of the sewn in groundsheet. Obviously it flaps about a bit - it is a tent!

Washersaurus Sat 30-Aug-08 21:09:41

The kids room doesn't really make it darker tbh.

JHKE Sat 30-Aug-08 21:11:42

we have the outwell vermont L which is similar - it has bedrooms, living area(has wardrobe with rail) and a porch area which you can have open or closed.. There are 2 sides doors but not as a porch like the monty.. the bedrooms as far as I know can't be changed.. ours is a 4 & 2 although we have changed one of the bedrooms for the kids room.. which the kids absolutely loved. (2 year old dd and 4 year old ds) They slept together and was fine. Plenty of room it worked really well for us. we would sit in porch alot and the kids would play in living area or their bedrooms...so space all round.
We also brought the carpet and this made tent feel cosy.

HTH

Lucycat Sat 30-Aug-08 22:13:43

Troutpout and Marthamoo both have them and love them!

search out their comments on here.

skankywitch Tue 02-Sep-08 22:15:34

I am a new Outwell Montana 6 owner and have only camped in it twice since I bought it at the beginning of August.
We love it so easy to put up and take down can even get in into the bag first try !!.

It is a very spacious tent and really sturdy we had some pretty extreme wind and rain on a couple of nights and it handled it just fine. We just had to remember to use the side porch to come in by if it's really raining as if you open the main huge door you get a big soggy puddle on the groundsheet.
It feels really posh and well made and we all really love it.
The steel tent poles are very heavy so we have split them into two bags and are now very manageable. It's the first tent I've had with a sewn in groundsheet, much better not having to share breakfast with various mini beasts.

WE LOVE OUR MONTY. SHE IS FAB.

Troutpout Wed 03-Sep-08 20:16:36

oh i love my monty..he is gorgeous
The bedrooms can be one big room or 2x3 person rooms.They make 2 roomy bedrooms for 4 people.
The living area is mahooosive.
We have the canopy and blush the carpet. (it's lovely.. honestly it is...makes it sooo cosy)
It is fantastic in the wind (we were the last tent standing in Anglesey one year!).
Since having the canopy we tend to use the side porch more as a storage area for muddy wellies and buckets of manky seaweedy shells smile..the canopy has made a huge difference actually.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now