Talk

Advanced search

cheap, quick, easy, nutritious meal ideas please!

(7 Posts)
surprisenumber3 Tue 26-Aug-08 18:36:22

going camping tomorrow, 2 adults, 2 little ones (oh and I'm pg).

Any meal ideas would be greatly appreciated!

filthymindedvixen Tue 26-Aug-08 18:42:12

we get Sainsbury's tinned chicken curry (it is very nice!!) and uncle ben's packet rice (it is the sort which you usually microwave but can be cooked on a hob) and serve withg pitta or nan bread. 5 minutes!

corn beef hash (in a frying pan with chopped onion, tomatoes, peppers, baked beans and if I have been organised, some cooked potatoes which I have bought with us.)

Ommelettes are quick and easy and one usually does two little children to share - put cheese, onion, ham, sweetcorn in. Serve with salad or carrot sticks, cucumber sicks, pepper slices.

I get bored with pasta and sauce

helsy Tue 26-Aug-08 18:44:40

pasta, tin of tuna, jar of passata/pasta sauce with not much salt in, tin of sweetcorn - ah I see fmv is bored with pasta and sauce. Still, it'll do grin

filthymindedvixen Tue 26-Aug-08 19:37:26

we tend to live on pig products when camping blush Sausages, bacon, etc.

Very easy to do a yummy saudsage casserole, cook sausages, bung on tin chopped toms, sweetcorn, mushrooms, peppers, etc etc, dash of suagr and salt, simmer 5 mins, serve with bread.

And I succombed to Deilia Style tinned mince (from M&S) at the weekend and made a spag bol in minutes.

brightwell Tue 26-Aug-08 20:20:57

pasta & pesto.

saggyhairyarse Tue 26-Aug-08 21:11:23

Disposable BBQ, boil new pots in the pan on top of the BBQ, kebabs/steak etc from butchers with green salad.

melrose Wed 27-Aug-08 16:19:54

Filled pasta - £2.50 for 2 packs in Sainsburys, so for meat free filling and is fine in coolbag for couple of days. Only takes 2 mins to boil and is very filling. I added some of that stir in dolmio stuff but fine plain

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now