Talk

Advanced search

Shell Island or Gower?

(9 Posts)
MrsBauer Mon 25-Aug-08 16:13:21

Just got back from the bank holiday camp and I've fallen in love with camping all over again, even to the extent of thinking about next year!

I'm thinking about May bank holiday week (at the end of May) and was considering either Shell island or heading down to the Gower pennisula.

What would people recommend? Any site recommendations on the Gower Pennisula, not bothered about a club house or EHU, just somewhere good for the kids.(3&5yrs)

Thanks

Nigeela Mon 25-Aug-08 16:20:50

Gower is my favoutie. went to Nicholaston farm last yr. beautiful treck through the woods to the most amazing beach.
or Llangenith is good for waves and surfing. or 3 cliffs bay - fab views from the cliffs.

giraffeskeel Mon 25-Aug-08 16:22:43

watch this before you decide to go to Shell island in May!

MrsBauer Mon 25-Aug-08 16:41:25

Yeah LOL I saw that on the BBC site, it does say "feak winds".

MrsBauer Mon 25-Aug-08 16:45:27

Freak even grin

notasheep Mon 25-Aug-08 16:47:06

Shell Island,amazing beaches and masses of roomgrin
we loved it

giraffeskeel Mon 25-Aug-08 21:43:14

Hmm. We have just come back from Shell Island (last week).

Twas v rainy and windy.
Was also packed with really 'orrible people and the staff were a bit offhand I thought. Facilities were OK but showers dirty and big big queues.

saggyhairyarse Mon 25-Aug-08 21:46:48

The Gower, Pitton Cross!!!

giraffeskeel Mon 25-Aug-08 21:49:55

AND even though there was a rule about having to camp at least 20 m away from the next tent, a massive group of fecking eejits teenagers camped 5m away from our tent, rolled up with a pair of massive barking dogs that my 5 yr old DD was terrified of, and played v loud music on their car radio until 3.30 in the morning.

I mentioned this to the warden, as there are numerous signs everywhere on the island mentioning the 20m rule and no noise after 11.00 p.m, threatening that people will be asked to leave if they break the rules.

Did he do anything?

Did he buggery. If anything, it got worse.

Will not be returning to Shell Island, although the beach was a nice one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now