Talk

Advanced search

Outwell Norfolk lake tent

(14 Posts)
zaksmummy Mon 25-Aug-08 15:19:15

Hi sorry if i've put this in the wrong area i'm new to this, i noticed that lucycat had reviewed the outwell norfolk lake and would like anyone who has one to please tell me if when its raining and is gently brushed up on the inside, if it being polycotton leaks badly i have an almost 3yr old and we are considering the buying tent but i'm not sure i want to be saying please don't touch the tent monkey(that what i call ds)every 5mins. Any info greatfully recieved.thanks

Honeymum Mon 25-Aug-08 23:06:51

We've got the Wolf Lake and we've camped twice in it this year in rainy weather with no leaks whatsoever.
HTH

scanner Mon 25-Aug-08 23:08:41

We also have a Wolf Lake (Hi Honeymum, aren't we lucky) and we camped during a gale - quite literally, last week and no leaks. With three dc's there's no way it didn't get brushed. They are fab tents, ours was great in the gale, other tents left the campsite.

zaksmummy Tue 26-Aug-08 09:52:16

Thanks for the replyssmilevery much appreciated, its nice to hear off people who know.

Honeymum Tue 26-Aug-08 17:31:56

We are lucky, scanner. It's a bit of a bugger to put up and away, but once it's up it's fabulous. We did three nights this weekend but I think it would be worth a local jaunt for just two nights. We are really pleased we made the investment - it should be the only family tent we'll buy.

dustystar Wed 27-Aug-08 18:32:48

We have a Norfolk lake and have had no leaks at all. Fab tentsgrin

zaksmummy Wed 27-Aug-08 19:35:00

Is it true that because they're polycotton that they are warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than polyester ones?smile

dustystar Wed 27-Aug-08 19:36:19

It is true yes. They're quieter in the wind and rain toosmile

zaksmummy Thu 28-Aug-08 19:45:58

thanks dustystar you've just made my mind up the norfolk lake it is grin

mumshadenough Fri 05-Sep-08 18:45:24

You can get it from PJ Camping for only 559.
Emma

Lucycat Sat 06-Sep-08 11:51:09

That is pretty much what we paid for ours.

We had to give guided tours around it this year in France grin Lots of people came up to us to admire it - That was when I was glad of all the plastic crates for storage, so it wasn't a tip inside grin

Lucycat Sat 06-Sep-08 11:52:40

We got urs from PJ Camping - they are fantastic - even telling us not to buy a carpet that was supposed to fit ours as in fcat it didn't - this was last year. I'm glad we didn't bother with one as the groundsheet is super thick pvc, not the plastic woven type that you get in most types and we don't need it.

mumshadenough Sun 07-Sep-08 08:58:26

We didnt bother with a carpet either as we had one from our previous tent which fits almost perfectly!!

Have a tarp under the tent to keep it clean, no footprint needed!

Now I just have to get out in it, hopng for a dry weekend sometme soon to try it out. not keen to have a wet tent to dry in the house!
Emma smile

zaksmummy Mon 08-Sep-08 15:20:37

Had a look at a norfolk lake at the weekend and the carpet has a hole in the middle for the 3 bed pod so wont be buying the carpet for that modelsmile but have been looking into other models that will fit it as i would like the carpet for ds to play on if it nasty outsidegrin.Am going to go to somerset caravans at weekend to see if they'll do a price match against pj campings price as not to sure about on-line orderinghmm(in case theres a problem)at least somerset is only 45mins away.
But thanks everyone for helping me decidegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now