Talk

Advanced search

Campers - recommendations for a sleeping bag for a 5yr old......

(5 Posts)
MillieMummy Sun 24-Aug-08 15:45:35

First 'proper' camping trip next w/e having done a few trial runs in people's gardens. So far DD aged 5 has taken her duvet for camping trips but think we should buy her a decent sleeping bag. Have looked at Argos who have very pretty sleeping bags, but are they any good and will they keep her warm?

Can any of you happy campers recommend a good sleeping bag for her?

AbbaFan Sun 24-Aug-08 18:30:01

My boys both have ready beds, with the sleeping bags that are attached.

They are warm enough for them at night.

Lucycat Sun 24-Aug-08 18:42:39

I'd opt for a decent Junior sleeping bag for her - where do you do most of your camping? Here or abroad? as that will affect how warm it needs to be. Go for the warmest one if you are getting it from Argos - never underestimate the cold of a campsite!

Our 2 have Ready Beds but also need a sleeping bag inside them (and all the woolies) for camping in this country.

LittleFriendSusan Mon 25-Aug-08 00:25:55

My 2 (5 and 3) both have Ready Beds (the junior ones in the camping section at Argos, not the character ones) with a fleece blanket over the top. They just wear normal pyjamas underneath and they're warm enough.

We used to have kids sleeping bags from Tesco, but we found they rolled off the airbeds and one of them usually ended up wedged between the two! (They share a bedroom) - at least with a Ready Bed they're reasonably "contained"!

purpleduck Mon 25-Aug-08 00:46:59

I always share with my dd (with a sleeping bag over the top of us, and one on the bottom)..she always kicks the covers off, if she's with me, I know she is warm

The square sleeping bags that totally unzip have been the most versatile for us - I don't like the mummy style ones, as if you want to lay them on the bottom then you can't.
We usually put a duvet (or 2) on the bottom so that the bed is warmer, and the sleeping bag doesn't slide.
Have fun!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now