Talk

Advanced search

Camping/Caravan near Eden Project??

(9 Posts)
KatieMac Wed 16-Feb-05 22:03:33

I want to go to the Eden Project this August and want to stay somewhere relatively cheap.

Can anyone reccommed a camp site or anything near by??

ursula Thu 17-Feb-05 21:30:50

We stayed at this campsite two years ago at Whitsun and really enjoyed it. I was looking for somewhere quiet and small but with a play area/pool for the children. It is very near the Eden project and the Lost Gardens of Heligan - it also has a little indoor pool and two resident donkeys! We stayed in a caravan but I think they do camping as well.http://www.sunvalley-holidays.co.uk/

ursula Thu 17-Feb-05 21:31:25

Sorry - link didn't work!

KatieMac Thu 17-Feb-05 21:39:36

Thanks Ursula, I'll have a look

KatieMac Thu 17-Feb-05 21:47:39

Wow £500 fro a week in a caravan???

I must be hopelessly out of touch with prices.

It does look lovely tho'

KatieMac Fri 18-Feb-05 19:07:05

Bump

Cadbury Fri 18-Feb-05 19:41:01

We do eurotenting at this place near Newquay. Most reasonable I've come across and it's not terrible "back to basics" camping eithert. I get to have my hairdryer and a bed to sleep in. Site is very well looked after with loads of stuff to do there too. trevornick

KatieMac Fri 18-Feb-05 21:09:11

Thanks Cadbury - it's still £344 for the week I want, but that is so much better than £500.

When I last went with my parents (camping) we paid £3 a night

Caravans were only £30 or £40 a week.....so much has changed ....I'm not really that old

Cadbury Sat 19-Feb-05 09:41:07

Camping (if you have your own tent) woiuld be much cheaper there. Try the cornish tourist board. They'll be able to point you in the right direction, I'm sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now