Talk

Advanced search

Camping in Peak District/Derbyshire

(7 Posts)
fatzak Tue 19-Aug-08 17:58:06

Any recommendations for family campsites in this area? Have had a look at UK campsite but thought I would see what anyone thinks on here! Has anyone been to Callow Top? Looks like there is plenty for the DSes to do but it might be just too busy.

(all this is of course dependant on it staying fine over this weekend and us getting a place!!)

tiredemma Tue 19-Aug-08 21:11:04

try Lime Park in Buxton.

fatzak Tue 19-Aug-08 21:30:17

Will have a look at that Emma, thanks

tiredemma Tue 19-Aug-08 21:31:15

we stayed there, it was nice.

Troutpout Wed 20-Aug-08 14:14:22

Yes Lime tree is nice and Packhorse farm , Tansley nr Matlock is nice too

Honeymum Mon 25-Aug-08 23:39:20

We've just come back from Barn Farm, Birchover, between Matlock and Bakewell. I liked it - and we had no trouble getting in on a BH weekend either.

fatzak Tue 26-Aug-08 11:29:46

We ended up at Packhorse Farm (thanks troutpout!)this weekend as Limetree and Callow Top were full. Only stayed Sunday night in the end as DS1 didn't sleep very well and as a result was a hysterical drama king the next day! He did however learn to ride his bike as by Monday afternoon we were practically the only tent left in our field!! It was fine on the campsite and the toilet facilities were prob the best I've seen!

Next time I think we will head more Buxton way as it looked much more scenic as we went on our very long diversion blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now