Talk

Advanced search

Utterly fabulous trip camping in the alps

(9 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 18-Aug-08 22:40:19

Will post properly about it tomorrow as we just got back but have to tell someone it was one of our best hols ever. (only downside was this morning our camera card got corrupted so we may have lost all our pictures - really really hope not)
Most beautiful place in the whole world. Lots of hiking in the mountains. Lovely lovely campsite with swimming pool but went amazingly silent at 10pm and nobody made any noise til 8am so we got fabulous sleep. Fantastic thunderstorms, ate hugely with loads and loads of local fresh peaches and plums.
Wish we were still there!

watsthestory Mon 18-Aug-08 22:43:10

Message withdrawn

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 18-Aug-08 22:46:38

Oh sounds wonderful

smile

MehgaLegs Mon 18-Aug-08 22:47:21

envy
We got wet

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 18-Aug-08 23:00:35

Sorry to hear that mehgalegs - I hear the weather has been pitiful here.

there was a bit of wet but we kind of expected it so didnt mind. Temps ranged from 7C one day when it hailed and thundered to around 25C. At night it was close to freezing sometimes. It was just so perfectly beautiful though and enough sunshine to dry stuff after the wet bits.

And the utterly coolest bits - I saw a golden eagle close up and also discovered that marmots really do whistle.
/sighs
the bestest hikes ever.

TooTicky Mon 18-Aug-08 23:02:27

envy
Whereabouts in the Alps?

Slubberdegullion Mon 18-Aug-08 23:03:32

envy

sounds utterly wonderful

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 18-Aug-08 23:09:27

Tooticky Its on the Dormillouse near digne les bains - in the Alpes des Hautes Provence region.

TooTicky Mon 18-Aug-08 23:11:12

I know nothing about the area but will research when my brain is awake. It sounds fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now