Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Interluee campsite, Ile de Re and what's likely cost of ferry in August?.

(9 Posts)
lynz47 Sat 16-Aug-08 17:26:04

Hi, Rubbish weather and fed up at work so dreaming of next years holiday. Had a fantastic (child free) holiday on Ile de Re about 7 years ago and now thinking of taking DS's 7&5 (when we travel) there next August. Has anyone been to the Interlude campsite and if so would you recommend it?
Also, no idea about cost of ferry as usually cross Dover to Calais on Euroshuttle. The thought of a 9 hour car journey with two kids is a bit off-putting so considering overnight ferry to Caen and back on the Shuttle from Calais after a stop-over in Paris. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what they paid this year for the ferry (we'll be travelling in August) as I really have no idea what to expect although I'm guessing about £300 one way including cabin. Sorry this is a bit long.....Thanks.

tazmosis Sun 17-Aug-08 09:36:26

We paid just over £500 last August with a cabin one way (no cabins on return as I booked late).

lynz47 Mon 18-Aug-08 08:08:59

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the dates being released and keep my fingers crossed.

Anyone know roughly when they become available as I'm a novice at this?

welshdeb Mon 25-Aug-08 13:40:51

Hi I just got back from the Vendee so a bit north of where you want to go to.

Anyway we have gone with Brittany ferries in the past but went with LD lines this year. They go Le havre / Portsmouth and are cheaper than Brittany Ferries.

The do 1 crossing each way a day - overnight from Portsmouth (11pm) and daytime (5pm) from Le Havre.

Its a longer drive though than either St Malo or Caen. It took us about 5 1/5 plus our stops (but we were towing a caravan so it would be quicker if you were just a car). I would guess it would be another hour and a half / 2 hrs driving from Ile de Rey

I think we paid about £600 in total for the car and caravan and had cabins both ways. Out going cabin was much more expensive as over night.

Its also cheaper to go mid week not weekends whcih we did. My BIL paid about £450 for caravan crossings but no cabins and he travelled on a wednesday there and Friday back.

Check their website for next years prices - the earlier you book the cheaper the price, I think we booked in about October and were one of the first. If you want a cabin you must book early as its mainly set up for lorry drivers so there aren't loads of cabins available.

lynz47 Fri 29-Aug-08 14:55:59

Hi, Thanks that's really helpful. Hope the weather was better than here. We've just come back from a week in a caravan in Devon and the weather was pants. We made the best of it but even my DS said it was the worst holiday we've ever had!! So a bit of French sun next year is eagerly anticipated.
wink

redandgreen Fri 29-Aug-08 15:14:46

think it was £350 one way portsmouth to caen overnight. 2 adults, 2 kids and camper van, and stayed in a cabin. we went about 3 weeks ago and booked in about april.

booked the return while we away - a daytime crossing - and it was less i think.

weather was definitely better than in cornwall last year!

mummypoppins Sat 30-Aug-08 17:07:49

hi lynz we had 2 weeks at Interlude this summer and it was fabulous. waether was really good....hot but with a good breeze.

My DC's are 7 and 9 and they had a ball. We towed a trailer and took bikes. Wwe live in the midlands so did portsmouth st malo overnight which was fantatsic and then caen portsmouth back overnight. Ferry was 546 pounds and that was at the weekend and the campsite about 900 euros for 2 weeks.

would thoroughly reccomend and go again. Cat me if you have any specific questions about the site or the island.

MP

lynz47 Tue 09-Sep-08 15:55:50

Thanks for that. Bumped into a friend on Saturday who had just come back from Interlude and she said it was fantastic so think we're going to book for next year. Thanks for all the info.
L

nannyL Tue 09-Sep-08 18:44:37

have u checked its reviews on uk campsite?

find the site and read the reviews from people who have recently camped there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now