Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping with toddler? YOU NEED THIS!

(8 Posts)
Legoleia Sat 16-Aug-08 14:38:18

Just returned from our camping trip with DCs and cannot praise highly enough the

puddle suit

Ah, how it saved us on the wet days - we did everything in them (well, the DCs, sadly they don't make big ones grin) and stayed toasty warm and dry.

Regatta - I salute you.

friendly Sat 16-Aug-08 17:16:32

I'll second that. Daymer beach, Cornwall. Driving rain. We all ran for cover. DS4 in his little regatta puddlesuit prancing around, splashing in the water, huge huge grin on his face. I bought it hoping we wouldn't need it. My little fella lived in it pretty much all week.

spicemonster Sat 16-Aug-08 17:50:36

I third it. My DS was able to have the pick of the ride-on JCBs when we were on holiday recently as he was the only child that was able to stay out in the pouring rain. I hid in the wendy house

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Sat 16-Aug-08 19:06:28

Well, we're not going camping, but as a mum who walks everywhere (DH has the car in the week and I am strongly resisting the 2nd car option) and who doesn't believe in being put off by a spot of rain, I can see a use for a child-size set of waterproofs, so thanks!

LackaDAISYcal Sat 16-Aug-08 19:16:28

our DS lived in what he called his zootsuit.

DD has one too now and it's worth every penny.

Not Regatta, some other brand, but highly recommended here.

SammyK Mon 18-Aug-08 13:51:20

DS had one of these for his very first camping experience aged 8 months. It was fantastic. grin

Also regatta ones sell well on ebay when they have been out grown I have found.

MehgaLegs Mon 18-Aug-08 13:54:32

Friendly we were on Daymer beach last week. Did you see 8 adults and 11 children squeezed into two small beach tents drinking hot choc during one downpour? That was us!

HaventSleptForAYear Mon 18-Aug-08 13:55:55

We have a great set from waterproof world here

DS1 wore it all for 18 mths and now has the next size and DS2 is wearing it now.

I originally thought it would only be useful in winter but in fact they wear them all year round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now