Talk

Advanced search

Did the frozen wine box idea work?

(9 Posts)
BernieBear Sat 16-Aug-08 09:58:50

I remember a thread somewhere on here a while back where someone was going to take a frozen wine box to keep her white wine cool! Did this work? Was it pure alcohol the first glass (plastic tumbler!)..........just asking for scientific reasons not for my own pleasure you understand!

SpringfieldMum Mon 18-Aug-08 13:09:53

Ooo - yes, it worked an absolute treat! We had it on the 2nd night - our new Aldi coolbox worked a treat and kept everything frozen so the wine box was still a bit frozen. Gave it a good shake and it was delicous. Must remember to get one to go in the freezer for next week!

SpringfieldMum Mon 18-Aug-08 13:10:43

Meant to also say that it wasn't pure alcohol - tasted perfectly fine. Not sure what it would have been like if we had drunk it on the first night!

SammyK Mon 18-Aug-08 13:11:46

Great idea will be trying that out! grin

TheDevilWearsPrimark Mon 18-Aug-08 13:12:27

It's a good plan indeed. we used to take loads to festivals where glass wasn't allowed.

SammyK Mon 18-Aug-08 13:41:13

Ok so can anyone recommend a good wine box then? I usually buy bottles, don't drink wine that often.

BernieBear Mon 18-Aug-08 17:01:35

Only just managed to come back to the thread. Thank you for the replies Sprinfield Mum. I think the wine box will be opened on the first night but don't have a great cooler so hopefully all will be well.

As for a recommendation of a good wine box......well I have heard through scientific circles (the local mums!) that Murray River is cost effective and perfectly palatable for a camping trip. Hope this helps!

SpringfieldMum Tue 19-Aug-08 11:49:49

We got this one
Think I may try a Rose next week when we're in Dorset - how fantastic is the forecast for next week btw - or does Metcheck just put up suns on the long range forecast to keep us all happy?

twofishes Tue 19-Aug-08 20:21:24

metcheck weather looks great for next week even in N.Yorks so am going with them!! grin DH says I can't pick which weather I want (BBC weather is different!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now