Talk

Advanced search

Toddler sleeping bag

(13 Posts)
Mammina Tue 12-Aug-08 16:12:29

New to this section - am very excited as have just ordered a Vango Tamor 500, should be arriving tomorrow, so depending on rain, we may go camping this w/e. Taking DD who is 18mo - what should I put her to sleep in? Any advice on what sleeping bag to buy? I guess she's too big for the baby ones, but from what I gather, the next size up all seem to be 170cm long which will be way too long won't it?

mrsbabookaloo Tue 12-Aug-08 16:15:29

You can get gro-bags for up to three years I think. Dd is 2 and she has one that's still way too long for her. But not warm enough for camping probably.

Mammina Tue 12-Aug-08 16:16:26

Have a winter grobag but didn't think it would be warm enough for the outdoors.. maybe layers & grobag?

Millimat Wed 13-Aug-08 20:30:32

Hiya I have ds 20 month old. He was too big for baby sleeping bag but I thought his arms would dbe cold in a grobag. I got him the Coleman Convertible sleeping bag - you adjust the length as your child grows. Its still very long at the shortest bit, but shorter than a junior sleeping bag. Will try and find a link for it.

mrspnut Wed 13-Aug-08 20:37:45

Our 2 year old has a gelert childrens sleeping bag and we just tie a belt around it under where her feet come to so she can't slip right down inside it.

She also has a blanket over her and a blanket over her airbed and under the sheet because sleeping on a bare airbed will make her colder than anything else.

Millimat Wed 13-Aug-08 21:27:45

This is the link.here Still on offer too at £9 instead of £25! Good luck x

Orinoco Wed 13-Aug-08 21:31:25

Message withdrawn

Washersaurus Wed 13-Aug-08 22:20:22

After my long(ish) search (see here) I decided we needed the adjustable sleeping bag for DS1, but couldn't find one in the shop, so ended up with the Outwell Dino Explorer one - which isn't actually as huge as I thought it would be, and is very snuggly for the colder nights.

Mammina Thu 14-Aug-08 20:27:11

Thanks everyone. Washersaurus I did a search yesterday on mumsnet, on threads on sleeping bag and found yours! Got a Vango baby nitestar on ebay for £5, picked it up earlier, it's so cute and is fine for now but she'll have grown out of it in 5 mins.. fingers crossed we'll have another baby one day so it'll do for him/her. I think for next Spring I might get the Coleman Convertible Millimat - do you think it's warm enough for camping?
WHS I'll have a look at the Dino one too..

Washersaurus Thu 14-Aug-08 22:09:09

Oh those baby vango ones are so cute, they were just a bit too short for DS1 and I doubt very much DS2 would sleep in one. £5 is a bargain though!

I wasn't sure about the Coleman Chestnut sleeping bag; I did some online searches and after reading reviews, I didn't think it would be warm enough for camping (not in the UK anyway grin)

Mammina Fri 15-Aug-08 09:51:30

Am so desperate to go camping this w/e now, it's glorious today but forecast for tomorrow is shite
Will cross the next stage sleeping bag bridge when I come to it smile

Millimat Fri 15-Aug-08 22:02:40

Coleman convertible was def warm enough for DS with just vest and pyjamas in wales last month, though he is a warm baby anyway. I have no concerns about it x

seeker Sat 16-Aug-08 19:58:00

Just buy an adult sleeping bag and sew across it at the right legnth for your dc. Then you can legnthen is as your child grows. Don't be conned into buying special child products!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now