Talk

Advanced search

Pop up tents withstood some dreadful weather

(11 Posts)
Blandmum Sat 09-Aug-08 21:02:38

They were *fantastic, and we were fully pitched in less than 20 minutes, which was a good thing since it rained and rained and rained!

They did a fantastic job in keeping out torrential rain.

and the fat airics were outstanding. Comfy and very warm

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 21:03:48

Do you spend your entire life camping? grin

Blandmum Sat 09-Aug-08 21:05:10

No! we are in a very des res house atm. Which is just as well as it is pissing down.

It rained so much on the campsite that we ate in the 'resturant'. The food was harrid, and I couldn't help but wonder what you would say if you saw me eating it! wink

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 21:09:46

lol
Maybe you wouldn't! Out in lovely restaurant tonight tonight and ds ate bread and dd had what I think were chicken dippers.

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 21:10:13

How can you be in des res and camping?
Where were yuo camping?

Blandmum Sat 09-Aug-08 21:12:40

We camped on the way down to house.

ate out tonight and I had moule. They were wonderful

We are in the house for another week and will freeload vcisit family on theway back and will then camp over the bank holiday.

and that will be us done for this year I think.

Next year I'm planning a tour of France, and will aim to take around 6 weeks, most of it camping. But I rather hope the weather will be a little better! shock

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 21:14:13

Lovely!
Teaching has so many benefits eh?
I hear weather shite. Tis boiling and humid here in Bangladesh. I crave a cool wind.

ButterflyMcQueen Sat 09-Aug-08 21:17:07

fab martianbishop would love link to type of tent

Blandmum Sat 09-Aug-08 21:17:09

No point in being one of those 'bloody lazy teachers' if you don't make the most of the holidays, eh? wink

It is somethinmg that I have always wanted to do. Tour round and take our time. spend some days lazing round the campsite, enjoying the pools etc, and then time doing some culture.

We spent 4 weeks touring Scotland last year, but that was in hotels, B and B etc as Dh was too ill to camp

moondog Sat 09-Aug-08 21:18:49

Aye, you have seen afair bit of the world these last few months. That thread plannig your Rome trip was spine tingling. smile

Blandmum Sat 09-Aug-08 21:21:47

Rome was stunning.

Link to site is

www.seconds.quechua.cpm

I have one of the two man tents that the kids slept in and I had the Base Seconds full. I'm going to buy another base secons unit as a 'living' area, as they all fit together and are modular

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now