Advanced search

when will it stop flippin raining!!

(13 Posts)
sallystrawberry Sat 09-Aug-08 14:25:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Sat 09-Aug-08 16:15:12

PestoMonster Sat 09-Aug-08 16:37:19

I thought it was supposed to be nice tomorrow, non?

[hopeful emoticon]

sallystrawberry Sat 09-Aug-08 16:38:51

Whizzz Sat 09-Aug-08 16:40:28

I am really miffed as we haven't been camping since last year & whenever the weather's been nice at the weekend, DH has had to work - Boooo

sallystrawberry Sat 09-Aug-08 16:41:32

PestoMonster Sat 09-Aug-08 16:43:43

Come down here for a day on the beach Sally.
I can't believe we were there sizzling on Thursday and I even went in the sea! shock grin

BettySpaghetti Sat 09-Aug-08 16:47:27

I've promise DD and DS that we'll spend at least a night or two in our tent in the garden this summer but its been too wet or cold so far.

In fact, if it was nice, we'd probably go to a campsite within an easy drive but I've not told them that yet for fear of being nagged senseless by them.

We bought the tent last year and have only 1 night in IL's garden in it.

It was bought to sleep in after a riverside wedding reception but everywhere was under 2metres of water so we ended up in a Holiday Inn instead.

saggyhairyarse Sat 09-Aug-08 16:50:29

Arrggghh, we are meant to be going for a week in Barmouth tomorrow and DH is threatening to cancel because of the weather!!!!!

We do have another week booked off at the end of August but wha is to say it won't rain then too?????

To go or not to go.....I was looking at cheap holidays online but with 3 kids it won't be cheap. Bummer!

DrZeus Sun 10-Aug-08 18:36:12

Just returned from 5 days camping. Last night the weather was shocking. Driving rain and really strong wind. Not what you'd expect in August. Still dc and dh appeared to enjoy themselves and we're here to tell the tale! Just struggled trying to get the tent down in a howling gale this morning. grin

Slubberdegullion Sun 10-Aug-08 18:40:29

We're off tomorrow. I'm holding out for the 'micro-climate' that I'm told exists on the lleyn peninsula (read hot balmy days while it pisses it down on the rest of Wales).

Currently my glass is half full. Metchecks glass is always half empty, the gloomy buggers.

expatinscotland Sun 10-Aug-08 18:46:43

apparently, not any time soon up here (Western Scotland).

watsthestory Sun 10-Aug-08 18:59:28

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now