Talk

Advanced search

I'm sitting in my tent at the campsite and it's raining!

(13 Posts)
DrZeus Thu 07-Aug-08 20:19:47

Here we all are, it's chucking it down, just had a mega thunderstorm. But it's OK! The kids are having a great time, not bothered by the rain or thunder - they are happy! DH is having a glass of red wine after finishing off the beef curry we brought with us - he is happy! I'm utilising the wireless LAN facility wink! Everyone is happy!

filthymindedvixen Thu 07-Aug-08 20:22:40

We have one of those but it is so fecking slow....

Sounds like a pretty lovely evening all round though! Where abouts are you?

notasheep Thu 07-Aug-08 20:26:29

You should be camping not on heregrin

DrZeus Thu 07-Aug-08 20:36:41

Deepest, darkest Norfolk! I say darkest only because of the really dark clouds - it's lovely here really!

Troutpout Thu 07-Aug-08 20:58:12

envy

scanner Thu 07-Aug-08 21:00:56

Ah DrZ you are an inspiration, we're going on Sat and have been wondering if we should stay at home due to rain. It sounds lovely and totally why dh and I have decided to go anyway, we've also got a mobile bb, but am too frightened to take it in case I stupidly check work emails.

Where are you?

Troutpout Thu 07-Aug-08 21:09:14

We are off on Saturday too
Can't blardy wait

Blandmum Thu 07-Aug-08 21:11:48

sympathy, sympathy.

We had 3 waterlogged days in Somerset earlier in the week. The tent was so wet I had to pick the slugs and snails off it as packed the tent up.

But the tent served us well and was dead easy t5o put up and take down.

and the fat airicks were fantastic, v comfortable and nice and warm to sleep on.

ingles2 Thu 07-Aug-08 21:20:25

Take heart, we're going camping in Biarritz tomorrow. It'll take 2 days to drive down there and the forecast is........
Rain!

ingles2 Thu 07-Aug-08 21:20:59

oooo
Meant to say...
I'm loving my fat airic too MB grin

DrZeus Thu 07-Aug-08 21:23:13

We are near Aylsham but are moving tomorrow to Thetford for a couple of days. Must remember to stay put in one place next time, it will be far easier. The thought of packing everything up and folding up the tent only to get it out again later on is not appealing atm!
Still as camping first timers (in our funky new Monty6), I'm feeling somewhat smug and I'm still sane. The best bit is the fabulous showers and the heated floor in the campsite shower block wink

scanner Thu 07-Aug-08 21:26:16

We got outwell self inflating matress, so not airics but v similar and I am now a convert. The first time I tried it was v uncomfortable, but I now think that was more to do with our sloping garden. Went to the expense of buying another one, so dh and I have two and it is more comfortable, but one night I slept on dd's single mattress and it was fine. So much better than airbeds, no waterbed factor and defo warmer.

Blandmum Fri 08-Aug-08 08:59:14

It is sunny now in Cornwall, and my tent is at last dry and slug free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now