Talk

Advanced search

Campsites with baths - help me make a list!

(19 Posts)
SparklyPrincess Tue 05-Aug-08 17:38:52

As the mummy of 2 toddlers who HATE showers, I'm a huge fan of campsites who have a family room or some other way of bathing the littl'uns rather than having to wrestle them clean!

I'll start the list with:

Damage Barton, nr Woolacombe, N Devon (C&CC)

Skramble Tue 05-Aug-08 22:14:30

I thought thats what the dishwashing sinks were for grin.

BlueDragonfly Tue 05-Aug-08 22:15:35

i saw someone on here suggest taking a v small paddling pool to fill up with shower water for DCs who hate showers

Skramble Tue 05-Aug-08 22:19:54

I was going to suggest what I used to do in my tiny flat that only had a shower, big round tub in the bottom of the shower cubicle. Takes a little while to fill up so you might not be popular if there is a queue grin

Orinoco Tue 05-Aug-08 22:20:15

Message withdrawn

MehgaLegs Tue 05-Aug-08 22:21:52

Grange farm on iow has. We use a plastic toy box

Anteater Wed 06-Aug-08 00:24:45

www.thequietsite.co.uk has 3 family bathrooms

SparklyPrincess Wed 06-Aug-08 09:45:23

Ooh, that one looks nice anteater - love the Lakes, as well!

Skramble - most of the campsites I've been to have dishwashing sinks outdoors and as the weather goes cold and rainy the instant we put our tent in the car, it's always a bit chilly!

Not sure I'd be able to squeeze my 3 yr old in anyway, and I don't reckon she'd like it and would scream and then I'm back to square one!

Will have a hunt for little inflatable pools though...

sandk Wed 06-Aug-08 09:49:36

It's 4 years or so since we went, but I remeber the campsite next to Heligan Woods in Cornwall having a bath in a separate room.

mumshadenough Wed 06-Aug-08 10:26:12

Bucklegrove near Cheddar has a bathroom.
Lovely family site, loads to do and a great bar!! wink
Emma

mumshadenough Wed 06-Aug-08 10:29:00

Bucklegrove near Cheddar has a bathroom.
Lovely family site, loads to do and a great bar!! wink
Emma

saggyhairyarse Wed 06-Aug-08 22:25:09

Woodlands

mascarpone Thu 07-Aug-08 10:17:31

Cotswold View Camping and Caravan park. You have to put an extra 50p in a meter to get hot water but it was nice and clean!

Millimat Thu 07-Aug-08 15:49:27

This is a fab thread - I wnet for 2 nights with my dd who is 4 and ds who is 1. Neither will go in a shower so was wondering what to do for a longer stay. Keep the sites coming please!!!

EachPeachPearMum Thu 07-Aug-08 16:21:40

The C&C ine at Loch Lomond has- absolutely fabulous female washrooms..... no baths in the male washrooms though much to DH's annoyancegrin

PInkyminkyohnooo Thu 07-Aug-08 16:27:48

Trewan Hall campsite (c&c) in cornwall has two baths.

LOts of club sites have family shower rooms, and many have large belfast sinks for bathing babies in.

You can usually borrow a baby bath,too.

SparklyPrincess Thu 07-Aug-08 16:59:50

Thanks all for the sites - as Millimat says, keep them coming!

Pinkyminky - you've obviously been to different club sites than me then! I'm going to Ravenglass in a few weeks, might give them a ring and ask about a baby bath ... wonder if I can shoehorn a 3 yr old in there!

Family shower rooms don't really help, you'd think I was murdering them in the shower with all the screaming that goes on!

EachPeachPearMum - which site on Loch Lomond is that? Luss or Millarochy Bay? Would love to go up there, gives me a good excuse!

PInkyminkyohnooo Thu 07-Aug-08 17:04:55

Somemone had left the baby bath in the family shower room at the Scarborough clubsite we stayed on the other week, and DS (large 3yr old) sat in it quite comfortably- it was a big baby bath! So it might not be such a mad idea grin

SparklyPrincess Thu 07-Aug-08 17:16:44

grin Got to be worth a try!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now