Talk

Advanced search

we are about to set off camping. It is raining and forecast to rain. I am miserable.

(11 Posts)
BBBee Tue 05-Aug-08 09:31:58

Is it going to be awful?

It is isn't it. It is booked and paid for and DCs very excited.

<sigh>

biglips Tue 05-Aug-08 09:35:32

nah...thats what camping is all about....its is a field in the middle of nowhere or a commercial type? ...make sure you take plenty of toys with you

Kbear Tue 05-Aug-08 09:43:32

Take three times the amount of socks that you think you will need, for everyone. Socks will need changing every hour!! We had to do a sock buying trip last time we went camping! Kids step out of their wellies onto wet grass EVERY TIME!!

teslagirl Tue 05-Aug-08 10:02:57

Or wear crocs all the time!
Grit your teeth, realise that the DCs won't mind the rain anything as much as you do.
Drink wine.

Kbear Tue 05-Aug-08 10:26:56

teslagirl - ah yes I hadn't seen crocs around when we last went camping but agree they are a godsend. Scrub that about socks then and buy crocs!!

handlemecarefully Tue 05-Aug-08 10:48:33

I go with the crocs advice. Yes they are anti-style but they are hugely useful on a campsite. The weather will improve! (forecast for tomorrow is quite good) just hang on in there. How long are you going for?

BBBee Tue 05-Aug-08 10:55:23

oh am still buggering about on here. croc advice is great - have packed stuff.

4 days.

BBBee Tue 05-Aug-08 10:55:24

4 days.

BBBee Tue 05-Aug-08 10:55:26

4 days.

handlemecarefully Tue 05-Aug-08 11:12:30

Sunny in most places tomorrow. Hold that thought

navyeyelasH Tue 05-Aug-08 11:15:33

I went last weekend which was forecast heavy rain! But only heavy rain when put up tent (typical!) then a few light showers and 2 half days of really good sun!

We all loved it! Just take some wine and a book and let the children run riot - yes they will be wet and dirty but it's only a few days and they will love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now