Talk

Advanced search

Site near Legoland please?

(18 Posts)
Millimat Sun 03-Aug-08 20:41:34

Can anyone recommend a decent site for 2 young children near to Legoland Windsor? Thanks

TwoToTango Sun 03-Aug-08 20:56:01

Haven't been yet but this one called Hurley looks nice.

list of other campsites

DrZeus Sun 03-Aug-08 21:03:39

Hi

I'm local to Legoland (for my sins!)

Not been here myself, but the reviews sound promising:
Amerden Caravan and Campsite
Old Marsh Lane
Dorney Reach
Maidenhead

own website - looks like a good play area for the kids! Legoland is 7 miles away.

DrZeus Sun 03-Aug-08 21:04:41

Oops, must preview before posting:

their own website

Millimat Sun 03-Aug-08 21:56:53

Thanks DrZeus that looks just right for us. Wonder if anyone has stayed here? Is legoland worth the money?

TwotoTango that looks really good too. Can't decide if there is a symbol that means a playground - it seems to look like one but I can't see it mentioned in their stuff!

TwoToTango Sun 03-Aug-08 22:01:16

Millimat - there are 56 reviews here smile

HTH

CarGirl Sun 03-Aug-08 22:03:04

What ages are your dc, it is very limited until they are at least 3 years. Chessington world of adventures is much better IMO

Millimat Sun 03-Aug-08 22:05:59

DD is nearly 5 and DS nearly 2.

gigglewitch Sun 03-Aug-08 22:09:34

have a look at this lot

CarGirl Sun 03-Aug-08 22:11:16

I wouldn't spend my money on Legoland for a just 2 year old, how tall is he? If he is 90cm there are lots and lots of things to do at chessington but if he's under 90cm then even there it is limited.

DrZeus Sun 03-Aug-08 22:36:55

Hi
Children under 3 go free @ Legoland.
DS2 is 4.5 and his fav area is MiniLand. He's been on things like Dino Safari, the Dragons Apprentice, playing in Duploland, the Duplo Theatre is a goody (particularly if you need to sit down!). The skytrain is another popular one too. When I went a couple of weeks ago, we also went on the Jungle Coaster (the big one!). My first time on that too! DS2 is tall enough - so must be over 90cm (I forget offhand!). The Johnny Thunder show is also popular with my 6.5 year old as well. The driving school and boating school you could probably do too.

CarGirl Sun 03-Aug-08 22:42:25

I thought with driving school etc they had to be 3, it's a while since I went and my youngest seemed to spend most of the day just sat in the pushchair as she couldn't go on anything apart from the fort and the water play area.

DrZeus Sun 03-Aug-08 23:11:43

Yes, the driving school is 3. Duploland is probably the best bit for the very young. There are the helicopter, fairytale brook, the little railway and the play area (with the wet play too).

Here is the list for Fun for all
and here's the map

DrZeus Sun 03-Aug-08 23:18:14

Try and get a deal for Legoland entry if you can as entry is expensive. Also try and take a picnic too as food/refreshments are pricey and not very appealing. Tesco clubcard, or lastminute.com do some deals. Come to think of it, I have two vouchers (Tesco/Sainsburys) for free entry to Legoland when accompanied by one individual paying the full adult day rate. If you'd like one, cat me and I'll post it to you. We've got passes so I don't need them.

mumshadenough Mon 04-Aug-08 00:40:49

Whatever you do, DONT go to amerden campsite if you require sleep!

We went last weekend, and it was so noisy due to the fact that you are situated about 100 yards from the M4.

The background noise is constant, and we found we were shouting to be heard!

Good luck!

Emma

Millimat Mon 04-Aug-08 22:31:44

Ooh interetsing. I really like the sound of Amerden campsite too - will have to rethink!

Great tips for legoland thanks. I think the duplo part will be a real hit for them both. I've also got vouchers BOGOF type, but none of them apply for any of August! Have found a deal to get entry at £18pp which doesn't seem too bad?

mumshadenough Tue 05-Aug-08 15:16:29

Millimat, Amerden would have been perfect apart from the noise. If they could pick it up and move it a mile away from the motorway I would rave about it for ages, but quite simply, it's noisy. there is also a flight path from h eathrow, so you get planes during the day too......early start!
Emma

Millimat Thu 07-Aug-08 20:42:11

We live near an airport so that planes wouldn't be noticed. But I do want to sleep at night so the motorway could be an issue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now