Talk

Advanced search

compatible gas for pocket rocket stove?

(6 Posts)
ScummyMummy Thu 31-Jul-08 22:50:43

bought pocket rocket stove and 3 camping gaz cannisters. tried to connect them and nada nothing zip. Does anyone know what kind of widely available cannister would work or should I just buy another stove?

ScummyMummy Thu 31-Jul-08 23:26:42

anyone?

friendly Thu 31-Jul-08 23:32:22

I'm very new to this but do you have the right regulator or adaptor? Sorry can't be of more help.

ScummyMummy Thu 31-Jul-08 23:34:01

Thanks friendly. You can get adaptors? That would be handy as I think the stove thingy is threaded whereas the cannister isn't.

friendly Thu 31-Jul-08 23:44:49

Again I am noooo expert but when I was looking for gas for my campingaz stove I was told that if I chose to use calor gas I would need a calor gas adaptor/ regulator, Primus gas I would need their adaptor etc. My campingaz stove came with the camping gaz regulator so I have decided to get the gas from them. I was quoted about £10 for adaptors but I'm sure when I bought my stove, which I have yet to use so I really don't know what I'm talking about, said 'includes free regulator worth £4.99.' Hope that helps. Did you buy yours online or is their a camping shop you can ask? Good luck!

ScummyMummy Thu 31-Jul-08 23:49:01

Thanks! That makes sense. I went into decathlon and foolishly grabbed the stovey bit from one shelf and a cannister of camping gaz from another. Then my partner wanted to try everything out in a fit of enthusiasm and we could not make the twain meet for love nor money. Think I will go back and get a camping gaz specific adaptor tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now