Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone camping at the Big Chill Festival this weekend?

(9 Posts)
bonnyb1 Tue 29-Jul-08 22:23:27

This will be our first family camping trip and I am getting a little apprehensive. Pre children we used to do all the Glastonbury stuff etc, but now I'm a tad older worried that I'm not quite as 'chilled out' as i used to be! Have 2 DDs, 2 & 5 yrs and a DH who thinks nothing will have changed...

Spidermama Wed 30-Jul-08 23:05:27

Hi bonny,

I'm past the apprehensive stage and starting to get pretty excited. I find it takes a day or two to chill, but I tend to have a toke as soon as camp is sorted and kids aren't looking =which helps me get there quicker.

That said I don't have the wherewithal as yet.

Spidermama Wed 30-Jul-08 23:07:40

BTW I went to lots of festivals pre and post kids and I think you have to accept that you'll pretty much be facilitating the kids festival rather than doing the stuff you'd be naturally drawn towards. That's unless you can find a friend or work out a childminer rota with people you know so you can at least get the odd hour off.

That said, it's still brilliant, even if you are mainly doing kids stuff. The hardest part is lying in the tent in the dark because you can't leave the kids, listening to all the young child free people having a great time.

ScummyMummy Fri 01-Aug-08 08:40:50

seeee you there! can't wait.

ScummyMummy Mon 04-Aug-08 21:15:27

How was it for you, bonnyb1? Hope you had a ball. We had a lovely time. Leonard Cohen was so so wonderful I was high on amazed awed adrenaline last night.

Spidermama Thu 07-Aug-08 22:19:57

Glad you had a good time Scummy.

We had a great time too though I must confess I pretty much stayed in the Sunrise field and barely felt the inclination to wander out into the Big Chill except when the kids wanted to go on the ferris wheel.

We accidentally went camping in Gloucestershire afterwards with all our damp minging camping stuff. It rained. The kids didn't care as they found voles and four leaf clovers but we just grafted in the rain.

I've still got the good festy vibes though. Mmmmm. smile

ScummyMummy Fri 08-Aug-08 20:32:05

Sorry, spider! Somehow hadn't realised you were going- doh- or would have asked you how it was too. I wonder if our kids were on the ferris wheel together? Glad you had lovely time despite the grafting in the rain.

bonnyb1 Sat 09-Aug-08 19:23:49

Hi scrummy and spider - it went better than I thought, though I ended up staying in with the kids on sat night while dh went out reliving his youth with his mates. Also our chilled out hippy old friends had an enormous row about sharing their childs care (I tried not to feel smug at how times have changed......)
Enjoyed the buzzcocks, norman jay and brass 8. Not so keen on showers and a naked man with a teeny weeny penis I saw outside the saunas wink

mmelody Sun 10-Aug-08 08:23:28

I was there too.. and like you Spider we spent the most of our time just chilling in the Sunrise field.. found the Chill abit too commercial.. but all good though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now