Talk

Advanced search

campground with access to Manchester

(10 Posts)
kiwibella Tue 29-Jul-08 11:18:52

I want to head up to Manchester over the hols and suggested to dh that we do this as our still-unplanned-family-shortbreak-camping-test-trip. We don't need to stay in Manchester itself but would like a recommendation of a site which we can easily get there for a day from. I don't seem to be having much luck with UKcampsites.

kiwibella Tue 29-Jul-08 21:44:56

are there any suggestions for camping in / around / near Manchester?

WilfSell Tue 29-Jul-08 21:46:59

try near peak district: buxton, hayfield, whaley bridge - always used to be lots of campsites near there and about 45 mins drive away... no specific advice though sorry

gigglewitch Tue 29-Jul-08 21:50:30

having a Good Think, which would be much better if i knew where I put my brain cells.
Back later, hopefully with Suggestions.
wink

gigglewitch Tue 29-Jul-08 22:09:24

any of this lot take your fancy?
Good tram links to city from Altrincham, FWIW.

kiwibella Tue 29-Jul-08 22:12:27

grin gigglewitch... thanks for the suggestions wilfsell.

gigglewitch Tue 29-Jul-08 22:14:08

sounds nice, but haven't been (bit close to home)

Gelderwood Country Park
Ashworth Road, Rochdale OL11 5UP. Tel & Fax: 01706-364858.
Pitches for 30 Touring Caravans and 6 tents, located 9 miles from Manchester, set in 10 acres of beautifully maintained country park with another 15 acres of mature woodland. Site facilities include electricity, water points, showers and gas. Several good restaurants within walking distance

gigglewitch Tue 29-Jul-08 22:19:59

these are all in the area too, esp Stockport ones. Not sure if they are all for tents tho hmm
One we have been to is the Camping and Caravanning club site at Delamere which is lovely.

kiwibella Tue 29-Jul-08 23:17:40

thanks so much for your help GW... I'll have a good look through these sites in the morning. Do you know this one? Is it handy to Manchester?

gigglewitch Tue 29-Jul-08 23:26:19

We are also members of the caravan club and as a rule their sites are lovely - been to lots over 30yrs <sounds old now> They don't usually take tents though (are you tin-tenting then?)
Haven't been to that one but parents have, they went to catch up with friends. <think it was that one>
Yes handy for Manchester on Metrolink - sounds great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now