Talk

Advanced search

okay - we need to go away next week and have not booked - what are our chances?

(8 Posts)
BBBee Mon 28-Jul-08 23:29:42

circumstances beyond my control dp means that we are left holiday-less but have a tent and like camping. How likely are we to get a pitch for say 3/4 mights next week seaside-y???

wohmum Mon 28-Jul-08 23:42:08

we managed to get a site for this weekend just gone for Friday /saturday night nr longleat - We only started looking on tuesday and loads were full up but i found 2 that had spaces but were fairly basic.

worth a try but don't get your heart set on one and be prepared to compromise a bit!

sallystrawberry Mon 28-Jul-08 23:50:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FourArms Tue 29-Jul-08 07:47:56

I found one in Devon and one in Cornwall that don't take advance bookings, so maybe you'd be more likely to get in at one of these?

BBBee Tue 29-Jul-08 10:50:02

thanks - took your advice and rang round - have booked into a random campsite - but it usually turns our allright doesn't it (!?!)

BBBee Tue 29-Jul-08 10:50:44

thanks - took your advice and rang round - have booked into a random campsite - but it usually turns our allright doesn't it (!?!)

BBBee Tue 29-Jul-08 10:51:35

BBBee Tue 29-Jul-08 10:51:35

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now