Talk

Advanced search

So we slept in the garden in our new tent and I had the most uncomfortable night ever

(40 Posts)
scanner Mon 28-Jul-08 19:20:00

Our airbeds had gone mouldy so we bought new self inflating matresses, tried them in the shop and waxed lyrical about how fab they were. 3.30am dh left the tent and went to bed indoors, but is forgiven as he's post op and has stitches that were painfull. I have a v sore back sad. The matress was a 5mm outwell one, we are considering buying another and lying it on top, but not sure if this is just chucking money away. Any ideas? I really liked not having the waterbed feel of an airbed.

overthemill Mon 28-Jul-08 19:21:34

we have an airbed and like it now (after years). my sis uses these self inflating kind. a friend uses a camp bed

Washersaurus Mon 28-Jul-08 21:55:55

We always take one of those thin IKEA mattress toppers for our airbed. Makes it really comfy grin

Slubberdegullion Mon 28-Jul-08 21:59:11

How was the Wolf Lake? I bet it was deeply luscious.

Sorry to hear about the matresses, being uncomfortable at night really sucks, even if you are in a very lovely tent.

Blandmum Mon 28-Jul-08 21:59:58

I have fat airicks which are 7.5 cms

sallystrawberry Mon 28-Jul-08 22:00:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zippitippitoes Mon 28-Jul-08 22:01:43

so i am alone in just using a 2 quid sort of non existent piece of tesco roll up foam am i lol

sallystrawberry Mon 28-Jul-08 22:04:24

QuintessentialShadows Mon 28-Jul-08 22:04:33

We have self inflatable 3 mm thermarests. The last time I actually slept on them it was comfy. But that was on sand dunes in the dessert, that may account for the cosynes. Having said that, they were also pretty comfy up a cliff on the side of a mountain. grin

QuintessentialShadows Mon 28-Jul-08 22:05:05

desert not dessert of course.

PeaMcLean Mon 28-Jul-08 22:06:07

too old for tesco foam sad

zippitippitoes Mon 28-Jul-08 22:07:54

ive never slept on an airbed i think they would be really strange to sleep on

WendyWeber Mon 28-Jul-08 22:08:58

Those big fat battery-pump-inflated flock mattresses are lush - not very portable though.

LOL at quint's night in the dessert grin

RTKangaMummy Mon 28-Jul-08 22:09:36

Sorry you weren't comfy

sad

I want a comfy foam mattress

Somone was talking about a large piece of foam got from a wholesale company

Any idea where o what this company is?

scanner Mon 28-Jul-08 22:11:29

Ah Slubber the Wolfie was so fab words cannot describe, it's almost more luxurious than home. Plaid curtains are just brill and sooooo many pocket thingies.

Our garden is on a slope, so I did feel like I was sliding downhill all night, dc's all at the end of their beds in the morning. Maybe the discomfort was due to that, did find the self inflating mats warm and didn't have the feeling of touching the ground you get with a deflating airbed. Might have to just get used to it.

We are camping at the weekend and can't wait.

TheDullWitch Mon 28-Jul-08 22:11:47

Camping isn't supposed to be comfortable.

PeaMcLean Mon 28-Jul-08 22:12:15

Airbed's great and feels no different to a real mattress to me. You just need some insulation with it - that's where the tesco foam mat thing comes in.

pookamoo Mon 28-Jul-08 22:14:27

Every time I've ever tried without success slept on an airbed, it's deflated in the night.
I love my thermarest and wouldn't camp without it!

charliecat Mon 28-Jul-08 22:14:53

zippi i too slept on a tesco £2 foam thing over the weekend. Most uncomfy, but its all part of the experience isnt it?hmm

zippitippitoes Mon 28-Jul-08 22:17:39

i actually didnt find it too bad..or is that par for the course

we actually went to bed at 8.30 one night and i went to sleep and we hadnt even had dinner

i woke up and went to the loo but basically didnt actually get up till morning

but maybe when you are in a small tent it seems ok if you are in a big room then it might feel odd

zippitippitoes Mon 28-Jul-08 22:18:21

actually

sallystrawberry Mon 28-Jul-08 22:20:13

charliecat Mon 28-Jul-08 22:20:29

grin I was in a small teepee and woke up with my furry slippers and half the rolly thing hanging out the bottom of the Not Sewn In Groundsheet teepee.
So maybe if I had been on it, rather than posting it outside... the ground through it, seemed to feel harder than concrete tho.

sallystrawberry Mon 28-Jul-08 22:21:03

PeaMcLean Mon 28-Jul-08 22:21:24

Can't imagine sharing a double airbed. They're tiny!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now