Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pop up 1 man tent needed to house snoring uncle for 2 nights. Any cheap suggestions?

(8 Posts)
teslagirl Sun 27-Jul-08 20:30:55

The boys' uncle is about to visit from Oz and we're off camping for just 2 nights in 3 weekends' time. We as a family have all the kit but I really feel the whole trip will be more successful if DU (!) has his own little tent as a) he snores like a freight train and b) he keeps Aussie 'country boy' hours ie up at 5am, good for nothing by 7pm, just as we're 'getting into it'! I have 2 x DSs, 7 and 9 who WILL need to stumble about in the body of our family tent at 3am blearily finding the potty to have a wee (I know, got back from a 2 dayer today with them!). It just won't work out if DU is snoring away in the main room of the tent with all these considerations! Thing is, we'll never use the tent again so I really don't want to pay out 35 quid as on eBay but IS that my only option?

Any ideas?

Spidermama Sun 27-Jul-08 20:36:17

Argus or Millets. Double skinned would be better but cost slightly more. Still cheap though.Also make sure it has a good ground sheet or buy a tarpaulin to put it on.

Spidermama Sun 27-Jul-08 20:36:58

If it's just for this one trip, could you borrow one from a friend. You can borrow ours if you like. We're in Brighton.

Or put out a wanted to borrow note on freecycle.

teslagirl Mon 28-Jul-08 08:30:02

Thanks for the offer, Spider-I'm a bit far, in Southampton, but if I can get something suitable in a shop rather than online I can at least save on postage!

jimjamshaslefttheyurt Mon 28-Jul-08 08:43:54

Asda were selling some the other week.

Tesco have them for £7.50, but they seem to have mesh at the top rather than anything waterproof (??)

navyeyelasH Mon 28-Jul-08 14:27:47

Hey Teslagirl I am willing to lend you my 4 man very easy to pitch tent if you will pay postage?

I am in Bristol but willing to send it to you if you can send it back and are willing to ensure it comes back in one piece!?

Seems a bit silly to buy a new one?

Or as Spidermamma suggested try freecycle, or go on ebay and sort results by closest to you. these two are in Southampton with 5 miles of Highfield campus if you know it and both are going for 99p at the minute.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/lichfield-apache-2-camping-tent_W0QQitemZ250273945692QQihZ015QQcategoryZ36118QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this one is quite big though

Can't vouch for either of these in terms of using them but they are certainly cheap! Good luck!

Blandmum Mon 28-Jul-08 14:34:09

Go to your nearest decathlon and get a 2 second tent for 29.99

teslagirl Mon 28-Jul-08 20:34:19

Again, many thanks to all of you! I have managed to get the loan of one from a very unlikely source (a very posh person at work who'd be the LAST person you'd imagine would have such an item- a villa on St Lucia, yes....).

But I will be getting one for ourselves in the near future as they seem like a useful thing to have for this sort of event!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now