Talk

Advanced search

Leak-proof insulated travel mug with drink-through lid that doesn't dribble?

(14 Posts)
Lastyearsmodel Sat 26-Jul-08 22:37:15

After cheap mugs have led to tepid coffee wet lap disappointments, can anyone recommend a good one for use in car, out and about, etc?
Oh, where can I get one of those collapsible camping steps?

squilly Sat 26-Jul-08 22:48:17

I bought proper thermos ones and the buggers still dribble, so I'll be watching this with interest!

Sorry, I don't know about collapsible camping steps. I'm only a rookie

Lastyearsmodel Sat 26-Jul-08 22:52:03

Damn, Squilly, I thought Thermos might be the way to go. Aladdin seem to make loads but hard to tell which have drink-through lids (and I can't unscrew while driving).

Collapsible step is not for camping but for toddlers in kitchen who insist on helping but fall off chairs. Friends have one and they had them on special in Netto but sold out.

squilly Sat 26-Jul-08 23:18:30

Did you mean the two step ladders that were £5.99? They were only out last week...but that's Netto for you. The good stuff flies out!

You've now got me cruising the bargain shop webpages when I should be going to bed with dh.
Still...he'll be asleep by now. I've been mn'ing for an hour already

Lastyearsmodel Sat 26-Jul-08 23:30:19

No, missed the step ladders! This was an indescribable fold up step that folded very slim and would have fitted down the side of our fridge.
Gotta love MN - dp gives me 'have you been on there all this time?' yet he wouldn't comment if I'd been watching telly would he? And I'm filling my head with expert parenting advice and not just shopping tips, oh no, definitely not...
Damn, ds is awake, dp 'gently' stamping on floor to remind me that he can't feed him.

Lastyearsmodel Mon 28-Jul-08 20:17:03

bump

Blandmum Mon 28-Jul-08 20:18:08

The ones they sell in starbucks are rather good

Blandmum Mon 28-Jul-08 20:18:12

The ones they sell in starbucks are rather good

Lastyearsmodel Mon 28-Jul-08 20:40:00

Ta, will look out for them.

sallystrawberry Mon 28-Jul-08 22:33:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lastyearsmodel Tue 29-Jul-08 20:52:25

Bumping once more for luck...

Troutpout Wed 30-Jul-08 12:24:19

i have one from Yeomans..it's not posh rather cheap but it's really good ..keeps coffee hot and doesn't leak (where do they dribble from btw?)
Its here

Lastyearsmodel Wed 30-Jul-08 17:43:21

Ooh, looks promising, Troutpout. Mine has a slidey thing on the lid that you move over to drink through (does that make sense?) but the lip of the lid is v awkward to drink from, hence the dribbles. And it doesn't keep stuff hot for long.
Can you drink through the lid of yours? Or do you have to unscrew the lid?

Troutpout Wed 30-Jul-08 20:44:15

No..the lid is push on and it just has a sort of slit that you drink through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now