Talk

Advanced search

Tips for camping with 7-month-old?

(3 Posts)
AuntyVi Thu 24-Jul-08 10:35:44

Hi all, just wondering if you have any words of wisdom to share? We are thinking of having our first camping trip with DS this weekend (at short notice!) - still need to go shopping tonight to buy a bigger tent as our old one won't be big enough, and anything else extra that we'll need! He is 7 months and has never camped before, though we used to go before he was born. So would love to hear your good ideas for camping with babies, kit recommendations (I've been looking at the other threads about what babies should sleep in/on when camping...) and any other useful info you have! At the moment I'm half-excited, half thinking we're a pair of crazy fools for even thinking of it, esp. as he's been teethy all week grin

everlong Thu 24-Jul-08 11:18:32

Go for it.

We camped for 3 weeks in France last year when ds was under 1.

Have you got a bumbo? It would be quite uselful for when you are cooking,getting organised etc. Or if not he could sit in his buggy, maybe.

A picnic rug is useful too or a large rug for him to lie on with his toys,books.

Warm coat and hat, it can get chilly at night. Baby sleeping bag if you can get one at short notice, we have the vango nite star one for a baby, it's very cute and will just fit him for this year too.

Brain a bit foggy as we are off on our hols tomorrow and I'm trying to remember every thing we need.... camping is great but you sure need lots of tackle!

Have fun!

AuntyVi Sat 02-Aug-08 10:11:48

Thanks everlong, we did go for it and had a great time! Didn't take the bumbo as he doesn't seem to like it much, but we took his picnic rug and portable highchair, and he just slept in his travel cot and normal grobag with a few extra layers underneath, as it wasn't that cold. He seemed to love watching all the campsite activity, and slept really well too - didn't wake till 7 both mornings! OK so the good weather probably helped, but I think we'll definitely do it again. Hope your hols were good too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now