Talk

Advanced search

ideas to keep milk fresh overnight...

(11 Posts)
lovecamping Wed 23-Jul-08 23:52:06

so havent been camping since last year and completely forgotten how to keep milk fresh overnight ... especially in this warm weather.

what are your ideas/suggestions please .... thank u

sallystrawberry Wed 23-Jul-08 23:54:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HollyandNoah Thu 24-Jul-08 00:08:19

i've only been camping like twice before i had ds, we camped by a loch once and we put the drink ( ir was beer - not milk blush) in a carrier bag and hooked the handles round a stick in the water LOL.

saltnshake Thu 24-Jul-08 00:16:11

The granny method: you put the container of milk in a bowl with some water at the bottom, drape a damp cloth over it and put the edges of the cloth in the bowl touching the water. water on cloth evaporates and keeps milk coolish.

FourArms Thu 24-Jul-08 07:04:44

Coolbox with icepacks?

biglips Thu 24-Jul-08 07:07:03

use the coolbox to keep things fresh

MrsBadger Thu 24-Jul-08 08:36:05

We take frozen for the first day as sally suggests, then only buy a pint at a time and decant into a thermos (better than coolbox).

Or send the kids to the shop for fresh evey morning...

Troutpout Thu 24-Jul-08 08:36:15

dh says you put it in a long wet camping sock and fix it over the branch of a tree securing it with a stick going through the sock
hmm

I say you buy an electic cool box and ehu fgs!grinwink

RubberDuck Thu 24-Jul-08 08:38:01

I take a fridge grin

Janbo25 Fri 01-Aug-08 20:49:01

we put it in a bucket of water with some ice (bags from supermarket at 99p along with beers and it stays lovely and chilled

MegBusset Fri 01-Aug-08 20:50:58

Put under a wet terracotta pot, the evaporation will keep it nice and cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now