Talk

Advanced search

Big Chill with a toddler and baby - need help!

(5 Posts)
Sunnymama Wed 23-Jul-08 12:44:38

Ok, we're off to the Big Chill next weekend. Very last minute and unplanned for reasons I won't go in to. I've never camped with babies before, haven't camped myself for about 4 years, haven't been to a festival for ages. Any tips from veterans would be gratefully received - about camping with tinies in general, about the Big Chill and what it offers kids, where the best place is to pitch the tent, whether we'll get any sleep etc. etc. I'm really excited but soooo nervous!

PillockOfTheCommunity Wed 23-Jul-08 22:09:01

there are a few hardened campers on this thread

feel free to drop in and ask questions, they'll help us to prepare for next year!

booge Wed 23-Jul-08 22:24:31

We did this last year with a baby and toddler. Camp in the family field, get there in plenty of time to get a nice pitch. Take sack truck and a sling so you can use the buggy for carting stuff to the camp site from the car. The food, atmosphere and everything is lovely there and very family friendly, you'll have a great time, we are still contemplating buying last minute tickets.

mmelody Thu 24-Jul-08 15:23:29

i am off to the big chill with my DS 12 months. We are a little nervous about getting him to sleep etc especially as he is not the worlds best sleeper. we plan on getting there on the Thurs pm and going to the quiet camping bit. We are going to take a travel cot which will be a pain but worth it I think. Festivals are fab places!

aDad Thu 24-Jul-08 15:40:41

Yes, family field is the one, and make sure you use the car park nearest otherwise it can be a long walk. And do arrive as early as you can as it does fill up fast.

I would pitch higher up in that field as it gets colder and damper at the bottom in the valley (bitter experience speaking grin).

It's nice and quiet at night there.

You really will have a great time, it's a very civilised festival, great for kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now