Talk

Advanced search

NO IDEA ABOUT CAMPING BUT WE'RE GONNA DO IT

(4 Posts)
metmoo Tue 22-Jul-08 13:59:58

ive never been campingn in my life im 40 this year so we're going to give it a go were a family of 5 ages 55 40 14 9 and 2 what sort of tent etc do we need obviously one where we're not on our knees ive been looking online but cant decide.. were booked up for keycamp thids year. but next year we;re going for it so we have a few months to find right tent etc help any advice welcome i like gelert zenith very roomy has anyone got this tent?

PeaMcLean Tue 22-Jul-08 22:31:21

Sounds great! Where are you planning on going?

Haven't got a zenith but it looks a bit like a gelert tahoma, which I've heard recommended round here. Takes a while to put up though I hear. Are you looking at the 6 berth or 8? Personally for 5 people I'd go for an 8. They tend to be ungenerous with berth sizes.

metmoo Tue 22-Jul-08 23:42:26

hoprfully next may we will hop on a ferry and go somwhere not sure yet any ideas it will be youngest ds 3rd bday whitsun week any ideas welcome

Lucycat Wed 23-Jul-08 15:01:03

Go round the campsite while you are there this year and have a nosey at the 'private tents' to give you an idea of what you like.
The come back and buy at the end of the season!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now