Talk

Advanced search

Bed or travel cot for my 2yo - camping for the first time with DD...

(6 Posts)
Pavlovthecat Tue 15-Jul-08 22:07:36

She is not yet in a bed. She is quite active, likely to be very excited by not being at home as always.

Do we go for a ready bed, which we have never used before, or take our travel cot?

Our tent can fit our travel cot, just a normal bog standard one, and us too, just.

Or should we do easy bed and take our travel cot just in case?)

We are seasoned campers, just not with a child! (it has taken a few arguments to get DH to let us do this, with lots of our friends so I want it to be as smooth as possible or else he will sit on Mr Moral High Ground for a while).

daffodill6 Tue 15-Jul-08 22:17:15

Not done much camping but would go with travel cot -- I've learnt from good friends who have regretted trying to make changes at holiday times when kids are small.

Enjoy your holiday and try the changes afterwrds....not all at once.... or you may as well not have the holiday

Washersaurus Tue 15-Jul-08 22:18:58

Well we took the travel cot for our 1yo and a new readybed for our 3yo. The readybed deflated in the middle of the night and we had to move DS2 in with us so DS1 could sleep in the cot.

We have just purchased one of these airbeds which we will be using with a sleeping bag (yet to purchase - see my thread)

milkybarsrus Tue 15-Jul-08 22:20:02

Travel cots are extremely useful for containing toddlers during the day when putting the tent up or down, I also resort to it when my toddler runs away when on site. He soon gets the message that each time he legs it and doesn't come back when called, then guess where he ends up for 2 minutes wink.
Have a really great time whatever you decide to do, but keep things simple and make sure they are wacked out when putting down for the night. Camping sites are a bit noisy if you want your little one to be in bed by 7!

Pavlovthecat Tue 15-Jul-08 22:25:23

Problem is, when DD is ultra tired, she goes a bit wild, rather than settles.

For example she wont sleep in our bed, she will snuggle down, then a few minutes later get up and check out something or other.

She only sleeps in her cot or her travel cot.

However we have never tried a bed outside of our home before and wonder if it will be different in a different environment.

Think I am leaning towards dafodil6 though, might do travel cot.

Or take that fab looking bed walrus mentioned but take the travel cot just in case.

It is only for one night. So if it all goes wrong, no harm done ([hmm[)!!

Pavlovthecat Tue 15-Jul-08 22:27:44

LOL at being in bed by 7! She does not go to bed until 8pm at home, so god knows what time she will be asleep at when we camp, especially as her favourite friend will be there too!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now