Campsite on Northumberland coast for vigin campers

(12 Posts)
TheMadHouse Sun 13-Jul-08 20:17:00

Camping Gurus.......

I am looking for a site near the Northumberland coast with:

Clean loo and shower blocks
Play park
Central for Alnwick, Dunstantbrough and Bambrough castle

For the bank hoiliday weekend, we have camped before our children, but not for years and are looking to take our two boys (3.3 and 2).

So any suggestions welcome including what we will need. Looking to travel Friday and return Monday

DrNortherner Sun 13-Jul-08 20:18:30

We're going here

TheMadHouse Sun 13-Jul-08 20:49:48

That looks fab, but we want to take our own tent

VirginiaWoolf Sun 13-Jul-08 22:59:09

Try Camping and Caravanning Club sites. We've stayed at the Dunstan Hill site - you can walk to Dunstanburgh in 20 mins!!! Check www.ukcampsite.co.uk for reviews of campsites but beware places get busy!

bigTillyMint Mon 14-Jul-08 14:42:54

We stayed in one in I think Longhorsely. It had a big camping field with play area, a dog walking field (dog-friendly campsite, but the dogs were fine, kept in line by owners!), nice shower block and "pub" on the site. It was a little bit chavvywink, but the pub was worth it's weight in gold in the cold / wet weather last August - too cold to do anything at night!

TheMadHouse Mon 14-Jul-08 18:01:21

They no longer take tents sad, dont mind a bit of Chav now and again

mablemurple Mon 14-Jul-08 18:13:03

Have stayed here - pricey but fabulously clean, and only a few miles from Bamburgh. Warkworth also well worth a visit for its castle. The beach at Bamburgh is huge and never crowded and there is a big car park nearby so parking is not a problem.

iamdingdong Mon 14-Jul-08 18:16:42

Beadnell C&C club site is nice

Theresa Wed 06-Aug-08 23:05:48

right, have just bought our first tent, we already have sleeping bags and airbeds and the site near bamburgh that mablemurple recommends has spaces for next week! Me and 2 dc's (6 & 9) are going to go for 2 nights and give it a whirl (dh hates the idea and will be at work!). Obviously we need a cooker and lanterns, anything else 'out of the ordinary' that i might not have thought of, (I've seen the link to the packing list on the uk campsite site). I note that this site i'm thinking of has a charge for elictricity, and i see other people talking about electrical hook ups - whats that all about please?

Theresa Thu 07-Aug-08 16:20:37

bump?

Moominpappa Thu 07-Aug-08 18:29:33

An electrical hook up is a waterproof socket on the pitch that you can plug into - but you need the correct cables. Then you can have all your favorite electrical appliances (toaster, kettle, hairdryer, microwave, bread machine - yup seen one of those!) We not "electric campers" I'm sure some others can fill you in on the details of what cables you need.

Theresa Thu 07-Aug-08 21:14:31

intersting, thanks Moomin, any others?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now