Talk

Advanced search

We bought a tent!

(9 Posts)
cerys Sat 12-Jul-08 19:45:24

It has rained every day for a week but we now have a tent. Just need the opportunity to try it out!

We have a Khyam Ontario 8 tent, 2 Fat Airics, 3 airbed things for the kids, and sleeping bags. Oh, and a carpet for the tent!

What else do we need? We will be taking the car (think we need a roofbox!) and our DCs are 8,6 and nearly 4.

Thanks - DH did ask me what mumsnet had to say on the matter!

Heartmum2Jamie Sat 12-Jul-08 21:00:50

Congrats on becoming a new tent owner, we just bought one too! I think, aside from sleeping, you are going to need something to cook on/with, something to eat off and some chairs. Also lighting/lanterns. That is pretty much as far as we have got so far, so will be watching this thread with interest.

cerys Sat 12-Jul-08 21:17:37

thanks! We are really excited about the tent - DD2 and DS have gone to bed in their sleeping bags tonight

lilyloo Sat 12-Jul-08 21:19:19

Was just looking at halfords tent for £100 for tent, sleeping bags,airbeds and lights
will watch with interest.

PeaMcLean Sat 12-Jul-08 21:20:51

You'll be needing waterproofs too grin

Heartmum2Jamie Sat 12-Jul-08 21:34:01

LOL! My kids are also in their sleeping bags and even have airbeds set up in their rooms! Glad it isn't just my kids!

Nemoandthefishes Sat 12-Jul-08 21:43:06

we have a khyam kansas/ontario 8 and its fab.
what else you needs depends on how 'in to' camping you get..lol
We are still relative newbies only couple of years in so only just getting to point of buying stuff for longer trips but basics for me are something to cook on, plastic cutelry and plates,ice box,lamp,nappy bucket for night time peeing..lol torch,table and chairs.

Nemoandthefishes Sat 12-Jul-08 21:44:08

oh torch for each of kids aswell or reassurance and not to wake all the others up and a pack of cards for a rainy night

squilly Sun 13-Jul-08 12:44:06

We're rookies here, so we're trying to stay accessory light. So far I've figured we'll need sleeping stuff, eating stuff and that's about it, so we've got:-

an aerobed for us; DD has her readybed;
sleeping bags;
a one ring cooker(we're not planning on eating in the tent much);
a lantern and a biotoi. I'm checking Home Bargains today for a cheap pan/kettle

We've got picnic plates, plastic cutlery, corkscrew/botte opener and deckchairs. I'm hoping we'll get by with that.

That should keep us going for a while but I'm keeping an eye on these threads to see what else comes up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now