Talk

Advanced search

Fat airic arrived today

(17 Posts)
Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 19:42:12

3 of them

fabbola.

V comfy and I am <<ahem>> on the large size

takes some puffing up, but I think the next infation will be easier!

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 19:44:10

have you lain upon it within your new Quechua.

Is it everything you could have ever hoped for in a camping experience, and then some?

Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 19:46:10

I lay upon it in the conservatory as it is persisting down !

Looking forward to the start of August when we will try them out in earnest

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 19:51:24

Are there going to be any further "Martianbishop buys camping stuff" threads to look forward too?

I'm still having little dreamy dreams about your PUP tent (obviously not your PUP tent with you in it, that would be weird).

GoatisLOLing Wed 09-Jul-08 19:52:39

dying to hear about the tents in practise. are you going to do that flourishing it above your head thing they do in the promo?

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 19:54:27

It's the way that svelte bolnde woman in the film folds it up without breaking sweat or cursing once that I find deeply impressive.

Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 19:58:58

Well, mine is the base seconds full, and if you can whirl that over your head you are 'A better man than I am!'

But it really does go up in a few seconds. Pegging out would take 5 minutes

nothing else ear marked other than a better lamp.

and it the base seconds wors, some 'pods' next year

scanner Wed 09-Jul-08 20:05:10

am seriously considering a few fat a's as we found our airbeds had gone mouldy! DH concerned about how big they are to store, what do you say?

Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 20:16:37

It is packed down to a 20cm 'tube' of 65 cm length. and that is my first go.

It half self inflates and the rest you need to blow up.

Not for hiking use, but *much smaller and easier to use than either my camp beds or the air beds we used before that

Astrophe Wed 09-Jul-08 20:21:14

MB what tent do you have? Sounds like a khyam rapidex?

Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 20:39:11

I have an outwell colorado 8 (no longer made) but my recent buy is a quechua base seonds full....which is like the kids pop up tents and astounding!

Blandmum Wed 09-Jul-08 20:40:19

even faster than a khyam, it really pops up ina few seconds

Astrophe Wed 09-Jul-08 21:36:16

sounds great! We just got a khyam rapid motordome to go alongside our bongo and are loving that too - 2 minutes up, 5 minutes pegging bobs your uncle. Glad you like the airics. Ours are slim airics, also good, but the fats must be luxury

teslagirl Sat 12-Jul-08 15:13:16

MB, did you get 'a device' to attach 2 airics together? Like to make a double bed? I know you can get them for thermarests but it's -I dunno- 8 quid and it strikes me it's a bit of strapping in a figure of 8! We bought 2 fat-airics a couple of months ago and so far DS1, 9, has used one 3 times as opposed to our zero.... Whilst I can't wait to get out there and try them, I have to admit I'm becoming a bit 'fair weather' about camping, now we've bought all the kit...

teslagirl Sat 12-Jul-08 15:15:36

As for storage space, ours lie loosely rolled under our pine framed bed- we stick them under, rolled up in 'packed' mode but not in their bags, then release the valves so they inflate to fill the amount of space they can. It's a compromise over having them flat and open (ideal) but taking up vast amounts of storage!

ingles2 Sat 12-Jul-08 15:20:23

Brilliant MB. smile
I was waiting for your parcel to arrive.
Am off to buy 4 now.

DLeeds Sat 12-Jul-08 15:29:06

MB I too have been following your purchases - I bought the quechua the day before and everyone said I was mad (at least I don't feel so odd now). I was looking at the fat airics (they seem more sensible for small tent as you can stand on them).

Are they REALLY just as comfy as an air bed - or still a bit hard floory?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now