Talk

Advanced search

How high is the Aldi Sun/Rain Shelter available this week?

(21 Posts)
Flutterbye Wed 09-Jul-08 16:50:15

Anyone got this Aldi Shelter and can tell me how high it is?? Any probs with it? Saw a similar Khyam one with 6 poles at a site and looked fab, but about 4 times as much as this one! Ta.

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 19:36:28

oooh ta for this....and to think I was going to head all the way to deepest darkest stockport to buy a similar one at Decathalon

<awaits hmm from lucy cat>

As it has a HH of 2000 I guess it's pretty waterproof.

I'm chortling a way at their "long hot summer months" and where might they be I wonder?

FluffyMummy123 Wed 09-Jul-08 19:37:01

Message withdrawn

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 19:42:28

It's bigger than the outwell one, and half the price

I think I'll be going to Aldi tomorrow

Lucycat Wed 09-Jul-08 20:12:23

well if my cup of tea isn't good enough for you slubber........hmm

there you go - wouldn't want to disappoint you grin

there is a thread here about it - might be worth a read!

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 21:16:14

oooh ukcs, had me all excited then...but hopes cruelly dashed by "it's not waterproof" sad

well I guess you do get what you pay for.

I don't need it to keep the sun off my head, if it's sunny I'm going to be out basking in it. I need one to cook under, when it is pissing it down, so that would be every day atm.

The gorgeous and wonderfully gruff RexGrant on ukcs linked me to some big fabby ones on a thread ages ago. Cannot find thread (rubbish rubbish rubbish search angine on ukcs). ho hum, is your decathalon one watrproof then LC?

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 21:17:48

oh and I'm sure your cup of tea is just lovely Lucycat, I do want one.

Maybe we could meet up in decathalon together and ask a young man to put a base seconds up and down a few times for us

[canvas parv]

SorenLorensen Wed 09-Jul-08 21:19:59

I saw one blow away on a campsite last summer - mind you, it was bloody windy!

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 21:22:39

Soren, tarp, quecha pup, or decathalon young man?

SorenLorensen Wed 09-Jul-08 22:24:16

The Aldi shelter (and possibly the other two items too - it was exceedingly windy).

SorenLorensen Wed 09-Jul-08 22:26:15

Our cooker blew away - only the gas cylinder held it down. But our Coleman windbreak stood fast.

Slubberdegullion Wed 09-Jul-08 22:26:49

sorry, am having innapropriate thought of a weedy decathalon man tumbling across a campsite, tarp poles flying.

this is probably a sign I should go to bed.

OurHamsterisevil Wed 09-Jul-08 22:38:22

I have it. It is tall enough for an adult to sit comfrotably in it, with plenty of space above their head.

sallystrawberry Wed 09-Jul-08 22:42:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lucycat Thu 10-Jul-08 11:01:27

oh no weedy types in Decathlon slubber - they are mostly French students that work in there - gorgeous accents.....

I'd say that it was waterproof, but the only time we've used it in anger in the rain was when the rain was coming down sidewards so unless you had a day tent you would have got wet!

I think the Aldi one should be fine as long as you tip the water off it - you could always give it a good squirt of Fabsil smile

Slubberdegullion Thu 10-Jul-08 18:19:56

Well I got one. It is huge, beyond huge it is gigantic, it is too big really. It will dwarf our small and perfectly proprotioned pyramid.

Dh arrived home to find me sitting under it....
WHAT IS THIS? WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN BUYING NOW?

I tried to explain but he was all hmms.

I fabsilled it too (top tip LC), and will await the next down pour to test it out.

Slubberdegullion Thu 10-Jul-08 18:21:15

Oh and Flutterby with the pole extensions I can satnd under it with ease (I'm 5 foot 9)

brightwell Fri 11-Jul-08 17:28:47

We tried to get one but they've sold out!

talkingmongoose Sat 12-Jul-08 10:48:04

We've got one of these, I think by outwell, it blows down a LOT.

Flutterbye Mon 14-Jul-08 12:56:07

Well - we got one, my mum (who lives near an Aldi, and we don't) was instructed to get one for us, and she brought it down to us at the weekend. Much bigger and better than I expected, with it's 3 different options and 4 poles (pic only showed it having 2). Will be tested in first week of Aug! Thanks all.

maviscrewit Mon 14-Jul-08 15:00:52

We got one this weekend. We were near Brecon and in the rain and we passed an Aldi with two left. We put it up straighaway and were very impressed. It was breezy and it was sturdy enough - just make sure you tie the guy ropes on well and check the knots. Our tent doesn't have much living space and this saved our weekend (camping with two little ones and a dog!). Aldi to the rescue again grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now