Talk

Advanced search

Please give your opinion on this tent

(13 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 22:54:09

Please give your opinion on this tent

Thanks

There is me, DH and a 13 year old DS

We want it for him to use for sleepovers in the garden as well as us trying it out for short breaks away in UK

We deffo want completely sealed in groundsheet all over so all rooms can be used for sleepovers

Thanks

smile

SorenLorensen Tue 08-Jul-08 22:55:29

I would want something with a higher hydrostatic head than 2000 (that's its waterproofness).

RTKangaMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 22:57:22

oooooooooooops

I didn't understand that

what value would you look for ?

SorenLorensen Tue 08-Jul-08 22:59:07

How much did you plan on spending, RTKM? This is my very beautiful Monty - 5000HH, fully sewn in groundsheet, only 2 bedrooms though but big living area.

RTKangaMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 23:26:59

That tent looks deffo brill

we were thinking about £160 but I think that one is alot more

The porch does that have a cover over it so if you leave your wellie boots there they are dry in morning

ie is there an outside porch door and then a sepoarate front door into the main living area?

SorenLorensen Tue 08-Jul-08 23:32:57

It's got 3 doors - a side one with a porch where you can put your wellies (though them being dry in the morning depends how wet they are grin), another side door, and the big front door - the flap can go up on poles to make a sort of sun canopy.

There will be other cheaper tents though - have you looked back through recent camping threads?

SorenLorensen Tue 08-Jul-08 23:37:51

This doesn't look bad - Khyam have a good reputation

RTKangaMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 23:42:35

Thanks

grin

Yes I have looked thru other threads but I find my head is spinning with all the info

It is like I have a shopping list in my head but it is slightly different to others

iyswim

Waterproof !!!!!

fully enclosed groundsheet

very easy and quick to put up and down {I have looked into the pop up ones too but am confused there too}

At least enough room for 3 but preferably more space {we have loads of junk with us on holiday}

Large windows

also a long tunnel variety rather than T shaped cos of fitting in garden

All for preferably under £200

grin

We want a "good" quality brand too

grin

RTKangaMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 23:44:27

ooooooooooo thanks

That one looks good

smile

SorenLorensen Tue 08-Jul-08 23:46:15

My Monty ticks all the boxes on your wish-list except price (oh, and it takes longer than a pop up tent to put up - but with two of you is not so bad - 30-40 minutes).

Bump your thread tomorrow - there will no doubt be more experienced campers around with suggestions. They must all be in bed dreaming of flat pitches and dry weather tonight...

RTKangaMummy Tue 08-Jul-08 23:52:58

Thanks SL you have been deffo brill tonight

smile

I will talk to DH about getting a Monty

It's my birthday today {well for the next 7 minutes anyway} so I should have asked for a tent shouldn't I, instead of books?

SorenLorensen Wed 09-Jul-08 09:37:51

Awww - I'm glad to have been deffo brill. Montys are fab - I love mine - butthey are a bit pricey. Happy belated birthday, btw smile

PeachyBAHons Fri 11-Jul-08 17:12:52

i had an outwell for my birthday (sun valley 8) and its great but if the expense is too much can highly recommend the khyam range- the one linked would be ideal I think, our khyam was wonderful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now