Talk

Advanced search

Rural Campsites in Brittany

(5 Posts)
Katherine Wed 02-Feb-05 11:08:46

Ok looks like my ambition to go to Ireland has been foiled (see other thread) so have settled on France, preferably Brittany.

Now looking for a good campsite. Not the all singing, all dancing ones with kids clubs, pool complexes bars etc but a nice quiet rural one, ideally on a farm. The sort that you can find in the UK but that simply don't seem to advertise on the web in France.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?
Cheers

Skribble Fri 04-Feb-05 00:18:37

Are you taking your tent or looking for a ready erected or caravan?

I was on a website that listed french campsites but most smaller ones had no web sites just phone numbers.

Katherine Fri 04-Feb-05 12:17:56

taking our own tent.
Not sure I feel capapble of phoning about a campsite in French!

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 12:18:43

lots fo the ones that have canvas aor wherever are open to non package paople natch
are there none in the brochures you like?

Skribble Sat 05-Feb-05 00:39:32

My MIL stayed in a great site in Brittany two summers ago, they take their own caravan. They just book the first night somewhere near the ferry. Then just head off and see what looks good and has spaces.

They were very tired after getting lost and tried two other sites first, one had only 1 small space left and one had logs and tree trunks everywhere which MIL didn't fancy trying to guide FIL round so they arrived at this one. Faces lit up as they were shown a lovely emplacement. Returned last year and exchanged Christmas cards with the owners.

I can get the details but it is a phone number poss an e.mail I will check tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: