Talk

Advanced search

Is July going to be a wash out? DH wants to wimp out on camping trip

(7 Posts)
mrsmalumbas Tue 08-Jul-08 07:38:32

We have a week booked in July in Dorset - first ever camping trip. DH says the weather forecast is dire and we should look for a last minute booking somewhere hot. I am very sad. What d'ya reckon - anyone got a crystal ball somnewhere and can tell me what the weather will be doing around the 23rd July?

bigTillyMint Tue 08-Jul-08 11:15:25

We are off to France for 3 weeks then, and I'm getting worried too!

It's very hard to tell, even a day ahead what the weather will be like, and it can be very localised. Also, when you are camping, you realise that although it might look when you're in the house like it's raining all day, it actually isn't!

Tell him to be positive and pack your wellies and wet weather gear! The kids won't care what the weather is like - they'll love it!

LilRedWG Tue 08-Jul-08 11:21:08

This website is good.

WendyWeber Tue 08-Jul-08 11:30:45

The 23rd is too far away - even 5-day forecasts in the UK are unreliable...but the long-range outlook is bad.

If it's anything like this week I wouldn't go - it's not just wet, it's cold. If it warms up I would still think about going.

mrsmalumbas Wed 09-Jul-08 17:03:06

We are thinking of going to stay with my parents in France - just spoke to my dad and he says it is 25 deg and he is thinking of going in the pool (not a real pool, one of those Intex inflatables in the garden, but still!)

Ecmo Wed 09-Jul-08 17:08:35

going to be really good that week according to BBC Weather Centre
here

mistersmum Sat 12-Jul-08 23:55:08

We're off to Dorset tomorrow and I have been checking the long range forecast religiously since all of this rain.

I have packed tonight and hadn't even thought about taking beach towels or suntan lotion as I just presumed the weather is going to be s@£%!!

But all I ask for is not much wind and no rain when we are putting the tent up tomorrow - new tent and I hate looking like I don't know what I am doing and it just leads to arguements...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now