Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping in Wales & West

(10 Posts)
RachelsAunty Sun 30-Jan-05 16:32:53

We want to go for some long weekends camping this year, in South Wales or the West of England. Can anyone recommend any family sites which are clean and quiet? Thank you......

munnzieb Sun 30-Jan-05 16:34:07

Newgale beach in west wales, Pembrokeshire, a big field, only thing is it's next to a road, but the plu is theres a beach the other side, nice and sadny! (also a pub and little shop two mis walk)

amynnixmum Sun 30-Jan-05 16:57:33

Went to a really nice farm one in St Austell, Cornwall. If you want I'll dig out the details. Loads of space for the children to run around, sheep and pigs wandering around ( don't worry they're very placid) and great play area.

RachelsAunty Sun 30-Jan-05 17:11:13

St Austells a bit far I think for us...... we live in Cardiff area so probably not that far south

RachelsAunty Sun 30-Jan-05 17:14:18

We'll take a look at Newgale. Does it have toilets & showers & a laundry? Or is it really quiet???!

munnzieb Sun 30-Jan-05 17:17:29

it's relativly quiet around half term, althou in the summer it's packed. AFAIK there are loos and showers, not sure about laundry facitlies thou, there's also a caravan park up the hill a bit, I don't know if they hav camping, Maybe better there as it's not on a road.

sallystrawberry Sun 30-Jan-05 18:03:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JanH Sun 30-Jan-05 18:14:11

There are loads of campsites on the Gower, RA - we stayed in a small quietish one 3 years ago, in Port Eynon, but can't remember its name, grrr.

But if you google Port Eynon or Oxwich or Caswell or Gower campsites, lots come up. Great beaches and not far from you!

sallystrawberry Sun 30-Jan-05 18:26:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RachelsAunty Mon 31-Jan-05 17:36:18

Thank you, we'll definitely be looking at the Gower, Brecon & Christchurch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now