Talk

Advanced search

Keycamp/Eurocamp vs Haven

(7 Posts)
AMerryScot Mon 03-Jan-05 12:15:34

We are looking at going to a French Holiday Park this summer and have noticed that several companies have similar things in the same park (same range of accomodation and children's clubs).

From the various websites, the same holiday (10 days in their biggest mobile home, mid August)with Haven is about £200 cheaper than with Keycamp.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why Haven would be so much cheaper? We don't want to skimp, but don't want to be taken for a ride either.

KatieinSpain Mon 03-Jan-05 12:41:20

Went to a Spanish site this autumn with Keycamp. All the other companies: Eurocamp, Haven, Eurosites, were all on site too. From what I could see, there wasn't any difference whatsoever. In fact, Keycamp and Eurocamp reps were working together by the end of the season.
When we went camping in France, six seasons ago, Haven seemed to have the biggest and best tents but I am sure that varies from year to year. Just check the specification of the mobile home - size, facilities, air conditioning - to see if they are truly comparable. You could always try asking the booking operator why Haven is cheaper too. Have fun booking - have the enjoyment of a holiday is in anticipating it.

milliways Mon 03-Jan-05 12:59:21

We have been with HAven every year for last 8 years and been v.happy - casn tell you about several sites if you like. However, this year am on extreme budget, and found Matthews Holidays. Booked 12 nights in August on Portsmouth Cherbourg crossing with overheight vehicle (bikes on roof) for £800 (ish).This is staying in a basic van on the Vendee, walkable to beach. Would be cheaper if went Dover Calais. This was cheaper than staying in a keycamp tent on same site. No Kids clubs but mine have outgrown Rory the Tiger now.

AMerryScot Mon 03-Jan-05 13:25:37

Thanks for the great info...

If I didn't do it now, I'd put it off and miss out completely (as I did last year), so have actually gone ahead and booked 10 days at Domaine de Kerlann (south west coast of Brittany). This isn't a Keycamp site - but with the few extra hours to think about it, I found a Haven/Siblu site that looks really good for us.

milliways Mon 03-Jan-05 13:35:48

We have been there. It is a great site - very spacious on grass pitches. Great indoor pool & kids clubs, facilities etc. The on site shop was tiny & v.expensive - may have been upgraded. We used it for crissants & then drove to nearest Leclerc for stocking up. It is worth driving to explore the beaches further away which gor bigger & more sandy the further you went - don't stop at the first one. Lots of places to explore.

AMerryScot Mon 03-Jan-05 13:41:17

Thanks - very reassuring!

Our main criteria was clubs for all our children's ages and good range of activities and entertainment on site. The real bonus here is the indoor pool and the nearby beaches and towns.

We've gone for a 3 bedroom mobile home with A/C.

milliways Mon 03-Jan-05 13:43:43

Have a great time - Our children wanted to go straight back, the actual site is one of the best equipped we have stayed on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now