Talk

Advanced search

Just booked our campsite for next week! in cornwall near Bude!

(11 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ledodgy Wed 15-Aug-07 11:12:06

OOh we stayed in Kilkhampton a few weeks ago which is near Bude too. I hope you ahve the weather , we didn't but luckily we were in a cottage. If you do get a rainy day I can recommend Brocklands Adventure park which has lots of indoor and outdoor play to suit all ages.

onlyWotz Wed 15-Aug-07 12:06:17

lucky you, lovey lovely part of the country, haven't been for some years since stayed in a 2man tent with a surfer bf and VW beetle..cool dude days!

<<ahh goes off to reminisce>>

Tigana Wed 15-Aug-07 12:08:43

Bude is quite a nice town for a stroll around, and I saw an otter in the river/stream which runs through it!!

orangecat Wed 15-Aug-07 20:45:13

I grew up in Launceston, so should have a fountain of local knowledge, but am crap! I really like Bude, though. You can do boating on the canal, the beach is really sandy and nice and there are enough little shops to have a good wander around. Will be lovely

Will try harder to think of other/ better things to recommend

bohemianbint Wed 15-Aug-07 20:47:21

oooh, are you staying in Widemouth then? Penhalt farm just past Widemouth and on top of the hill is my fave campsite in the world (lots of fond teenage memories, sigh!) with absolutely stunnign views...

eatyergreens Wed 15-Aug-07 21:20:13

there is a good campsite at crackington haven and an even better one (or two) at trebarwith strand if you want to stay in that part of the county. i can think of a few inland and further down the coast, but that may not be what you want...

re: bude, both beaches are fab and if the weather is hot (fingers crossed) there isn't much else you would wish for! i prefer crooklets, the rockpooling is good and the cafe there is much better than the one on the other beach, the name of which i can't remember right now after a second glass of wine . IMO the v best beach locally is Sandymouth, it's NT and gorgeous and unspoilt, but check tide times (50p from bookshop/newsagent or similar) before visiting as there's not much beach when the tides are in!

there is a small park in town, a couple of reasonable cafes, a very good family-friendly curry house. the bakery at the bottom of the hill in town makes a reasonable pasty and a gorgeous scone and the coast walks/other beaches all around are fantastic.

the jazz festival is on that week, so B&Bs might be more booked up than campsites.

for rainy days, and depending on the age of YLOs, in the town is a v good soft play and bowling alley place nr the morrisons. if you fancy a pub lunch with stunning views, the pub at trebarwith strand has huge picture windows and even on a miserable day the view is superb!

you're not far from the otter sanctuary nr launceston, and there are a couple of other things to do over there but really they need good weather. launceston is an ok town, far nicer than it was when i lived there 20-odd years ago and with the castle, swimming pool and park it's fairly easy to lose a day ther!

realised i've whittered on a while, hope this helps!

Bouquetsofdynomite Sun 19-Aug-07 20:40:16

We're going to Wooda Park nr Bude on Friday.

Eowyn Sun 19-Aug-07 20:42:07

I've been going to Wooda for past 15 yrs on & off. Like it v much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now