Talk

Advanced search

well Im back from my tin tent (caravan) experience

(18 Posts)
sallystrawberry Fri 10-Aug-07 23:32:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brandnewhelsy Fri 10-Aug-07 23:36:17

Aah, going to Yorkshire camping tomorrow. Noone else in the family wants to go "we've only just got back!", so we won't be packing until tomorrow morning
Would you stay in a caravan again?

Browny Fri 10-Aug-07 23:37:05

SS, we've just got home from two nights in the Lake District, we stayed in our touring caravan and our friends in their tent. The first night we stayed up talking until 3am (quietly of course) with the electric heater and lamps on, the second night they came into the caravan for cheese on toast and lovely cold wine. They said that they were absolutely freezing in their tent and hardly slept, while we were lovely and cosy in our caravan.

We still have our tent, but to be honest, I really enjoy the little luxuries of the caravan . Where did you stay?

moondog Fri 10-Aug-07 23:38:22

Caravan?
Not your style i wouldn't have thought Sal!
Did you take yer geetar?

Browny Fri 10-Aug-07 23:38:44

Brandnewwhelsby, we were in Yorkshire last week, we stayed in our caravan in Flamingoland, the weather was so hot and the children loved it .

brandnewhelsy Fri 10-Aug-07 23:41:56

Browny, if I ever move to the Wirral I'll adopt the name you just gave me .
Glad Yorkshire was good. Not looking forward to trying to enthuse my misery guts family though.

Browny Fri 10-Aug-07 23:44:56

Oops . How many of you are going? You can't go wrong by telling them that you are taking beer and a portable bbq! Just a tip though, try and buy some citronella candles, there were hundreds of mosquitos and I was bitten badly yet again . Hope the weather is lovely for you, it makes all the difference!

sallystrawberry Fri 10-Aug-07 23:49:03

sallystrawberry Fri 10-Aug-07 23:53:38

PeachesMcLean Sat 11-Aug-07 00:06:10

Oooh, mackeral fishing sounds great. Was that just somethign you booked at the harbour? And did they clean them out for you to cook them later?

sallystrawberry Sat 11-Aug-07 00:27:04

sallystrawberry Sat 11-Aug-07 00:29:11

Skribble Sat 11-Aug-07 00:30:25

Sally I have always hated tourers but I adopted a old 2 berth this year and have to admit I got all excited and kitted it all out, retro styly DS still to paint interior. I am desperate to get away witth the kids to the small CL sites where there are only 5 vans total so I don't have to be to sociable and the kids can run feral, quietly.

Hey it was free and a lot les faff than camping, warmer too.

Have had a few holidays in statics too, usually cheap and good facilities so why not.

PeachesMcLean Sat 11-Aug-07 00:30:44

LOL Award yourself 10 Good Mummy points though for braving it out.

sallystrawberry Sat 11-Aug-07 00:33:49

Skribble Sat 11-Aug-07 00:37:38

Hate the idea of club houses and all that, the kids go to a site with PIL has a games room where the kids hang out when it rains, but other than 2 toilet blocks thats it, right on the beach. Kids left to own devises until hungry.

I might go there, but still fancy the even smaller sites, they are cheaper too from £3.50 most about £7 up though, some have hook ups WC and some even showers, but stil 5 vans max.

PeachesMcLean Sat 11-Aug-07 00:39:46

Are clubhouses compulsory though? Can't you play your geetarrr or whatever outside the tin tent? (might shock someof the neighbours though)

sallystrawberry Sat 11-Aug-07 14:02:13

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now