Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping with 1yr old and 2yr old - suggestions/advice please

(10 Posts)
mistypeaks Tue 31-Jul-07 15:05:20

We used to camp pre-kids so have most of the equipment. however we have a 3 berth tent with little 'porch' type thing for us. Presumably we'd get another 2 berth for the kids? How do we make sure they don't escape?? Can you lock a tent?

puppydavies Tue 31-Jul-07 15:07:04

usually you have 2 zips on a tent door, so can zip them closed to top of door iyswim.

puppydavies Tue 31-Jul-07 15:08:02

ps just re-read op. i wouldn't be happy w/kids in a separate tent, would get a bigger one for all of you.

welshmum Tue 31-Jul-07 15:08:28

travel cots?

Mercy Tue 31-Jul-07 15:09:04

I would think you do need a bigger tent tbh. Will the youngest one be in a travel cot or a sleeping bag?

(I think you can lock tents - padlock?)

FillydoraTonks Tue 31-Jul-07 15:13:09

would def keep them in the tent with you at this age, for myriad reasons. would actually have them in same room, tbh.

would actually not lock tent. they are easy enough to cute open and you might need to get out fast (eg fire).

if you are preapred to cosleep you could get 4 of you in on double airbed. have done it.

mistypeaks Tue 31-Jul-07 15:24:53

Sorry really can't bear the idea of co-sleeping. Its a struggle for me to let dh share a kingsize bed with me!!! May have to look into getting a big family palace tent then!

FillydoraTonks Tue 31-Jul-07 15:37:15

ok then, would you have them in the same "room" as you?

personally I'd do this for safety reasons anyway, also becuase the tent is an unfamiliar environment.

if so, the venture v500 will comfortably fit a double airbed and 2 travel cots, I think.

mistypeaks Tue 31-Jul-07 15:50:15

I think we may have to. The youngest is such a light sleeper tho. She'll have to get used to it I guess.

mistypeaks Tue 31-Jul-07 15:50:59

Oh and eldest will be in a blow up bed/sleeping bag type thing. She's out of her cot - which may cause trouble!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now