Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i want a cheapish tent for me and dd5, that is easy to put up

(32 Posts)
pirategirl Tue 17-Jul-07 18:08:59

I have a lovely Cabanon 6 berth, but that was pre divorce, so i need another adult to put that up! But i have pased my drivign test and told dd that if i did we can go camping this yr.

any suggestions muchly appreciated.

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:24:11

vango v500

quite adequate imo, v easy to put up. they do have a room diveder so you can get 2 beds.

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:24:12

vango v500

quite adequate imo, v easy to put up. they do have a room diveder so you can get 2 beds.

Peachy Tue 17-Jul-07 18:26:21

The Vango should be fine yes.

So, to be honest, would be the basic tents found in Halfords- they ahve some very decent offers at the moment, some are big named v=brands such as gelert (we had a Gelert, very good tent)

pirategirl Tue 17-Jul-07 18:29:04

yes saw a few twnts when i was in halfors the other day, ( lookin at car air fresheners!!).

am going to plymouth 2morrw so will have a look, wondering if they have more online?

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:29:36

vango is fab

its very big for pack down size and ease of put up

you get a big sleeping compartment and a big "porch"

fine for 4 of us, tbh, incl one nearly 4 yo

but mine is an old style one i got for £70 last year. the v500 seems about 2x that price.

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:30:06

lol at your twnts pg

i see those in halfords quite a lot

pirategirl Tue 17-Jul-07 18:34:19

lol omg, i am not on form.

have seen some tents on ebay, new ones that seem well priced. but money is the prob.

i'd be more than happy in the cabanon, we'd have loads of space but unfortunately it weighs a ton, i cant life the bag with the tent in or the poles , and we had to have a trailer for it lol.

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:35:32

pg

how much are you looking to spend?

and do you require separate sleeping compartments?

pirategirl Tue 17-Jul-07 18:36:28

this type? or bit bigger?

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Vango_Alpha_400_Dome_Tent.html

pirategirl Tue 17-Jul-07 18:37:49

this big looks better

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Vango_Idaho_400_Tunnel_Dome_Tent.html

Peachy Tue 17-Jul-07 18:38:17

this is a good deal imo

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:39:46

i spend a week in a tent of that size with 2 young kids, it was fine

BUT

it was a festival. when it weed down there was stuff to do

prob with that tent is that if it rains, where will you sit and ply cards and whinge?

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:40:28

idaho much better

Peachy Tue 17-Jul-07 18:41:44

Yes well I was off looking when that was posted

Whyfore the criticisms? was just trying to help. Will bugger off then

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:42:55

peachy, apologies, that wasn't aimed at you, I can't type THAT fast!

I meant the first tent pg linked to

coleman looks great, actually

pirategirl Tue 17-Jul-07 18:45:22

peachy i think that was a cross post and was about the first one that i put up being way too small. The 2nd one i posted, being better size.

am also liking that one you founf with the 2 sep bits at the back, can put all the 'stuff in that bit' sleep in the other bit.
thanks both.

Blu Tue 17-Jul-07 18:45:44

?? Peachy

WildDay.com have a sale - they usually have good tents at good prices.

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 18:48:04

"am also liking that one you founf with the 2 sep bits at the back, can put all the 'stuff in that bit' sleep in the other bit."

this is a real plus, agree. You can have a junk bit.

We do have a colemans from our hardcore camping days (went to uni in scotland where wild camping is allowed, its also bloody freezing). they are very good.

FillydoraTonks Tue 17-Jul-07 19:00:18

peachy

come baaaack

Peachy Wed 18-Jul-07 11:24:32

Erm did anyone see that thread about people not getting things like irony / sarcasm etc the other day?????

Lucycat Wed 18-Jul-07 12:27:24

Peachy! - allo me ole mucker

you been tent hunting again?

I'll help too but i have to finish this lesson plan for the governors tomorrow first!

how's the packing going?

Peachy Wed 18-Jul-07 14:35:03

Not started- bit of a statementing debarcle today (again....)

has the NL arrived yet?

Lucycat Wed 18-Jul-07 14:39:02

erm yes it's currently residing in the dining room.

have you got a trailer we can borrow?

tis rather huuugge and I'm now worrying that we won't be able to have a practice run at putting Lakey up before we go away!

who has been putting a spanner in the works re statementing?

Peachy Wed 18-Jul-07 14:49:17

The LEA LOL! They want ds3 (non verbal still in nappies etc etc 2 years delay) to have 10 hours a week.

like Hell! Has already been rejected (to notes of here we go again)

They disallowed all SALT inputa sit missed the dealine apaprnelty , but will ahev to allow it now. Good job I alreadya rrnaged to HE at least one term from September isn't it?

PMSl at idea of a trailer- you know those old white cottage type terraces with no off road parking and a narrow road where all the neighbours hate each other for the lack of parking? And is on a school run where all the aprenst drive? Taht's us though might get one and put outside window to stop neighbour staring in at me pulling faces LOL (she's abrking and has a dispute with the landlord, not us)

Can't wait until friday, parents VV excited and all ready LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now