Talk

Advanced search

Midges......

(16 Posts)
katelyle Tue 17-Jul-07 06:19:24

We're going to Scotland later this month - and I've just remembered about midges!!!!!!! Help - does anybody have any midge repelling ideas?

WinnieThePooh Tue 17-Jul-07 06:30:13

Get Skin So So Dry Oil Body Spray (soft & Fresh) from your local Avon Rep. It is used by the Armed Forces and Mel Gibson used it when filming Braveheart.

katelyle Tue 17-Jul-07 06:50:16

Really? That sounds so mych better than the gallons of organophosphates I was thinking of buying! Thank you very much

<wanders off wondering where I find an Avon rep..decides to stand on a chair in the playground and yell!>

Furball Tue 17-Jul-07 06:56:50

avon are also online

Surfermum Tue 17-Jul-07 07:49:13

I used that stuff in Greece. I had the shower gel, body lotion and the oil body spray. I did get bitten around my ankles, but it was on the night when I thought I was going OTT with it and only used the shower gel and body lotion!

Kbear Tue 17-Jul-07 09:09:55

It works! strange but true!

daisyandbabybootoo Tue 17-Jul-07 09:15:25

another vote for skin-so-soft...

...my DH is allergic to midge bites (weirdy that he is) and comes out in nasty blisters if bitten. Skin-so-soft is the only thing that will keep tham at bay.

...and he smells lovely after a four days on the hill rather than like something from the bottom of a sewer

WinnieThePooh Tue 17-Jul-07 10:58:25

Make sure you get the right fragrance. It is the SOFT & FRESH (green bottle) that is the excellent insect repellent NOT soft & sensual.

saltireslytherin Tue 17-Jul-07 11:01:17

Another vote for the Avon stuff here, and as
Winnie said it has to be the GREEN bottle. We are off to my mums on Friday for a week and have 2 bottles of the stuff!

WinnieThePooh Tue 17-Jul-07 11:02:21

Where abouts in the country are you. I am a rep and have an order going in on Thursday night, which will be delivered Wednesday next week.

If you want I can order it for you. It is on offer in the current brochure at 2 for £5 normally £5 each.

email me at jan.avon @ yahoo.co.uk (taking out the spaces) if you want it.

TinyGang Tue 17-Jul-07 11:11:30

Lol The thought of William Wallace using Avon is quite a thought is it not?

(Good tip though - I think I'll get some. I have a midgey bite on my foot and it's drivivng me bonkers)

katelyle Tue 17-Jul-07 11:27:44

I am in Kent, Winnie - where are you?

WinnieThePooh Tue 17-Jul-07 13:59:32

I am in the west midlands, near birmingha.

If you want to email me your address I will try on the Avon forum to find a rep near you.

Kbear Tue 17-Jul-07 14:19:24

katelyle - some chemists in the Highlands of Scotland sell this. I saw it in Morrisons in Fort William I am sure. Anywhere near to where you are going?

katelyle Wed 18-Jul-07 06:31:53

Thank you very much Winnie, but I've found another mum at school who's putting in an order on Thursday. Thank you again!

WinnieThePooh Wed 18-Jul-07 10:48:30

No problem,

Just glad I could recommend a cheaper alternative to all those chemical that are available in the shops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now